Chapter Twenty-Two| Lucas

My ears pluses at the booming sounds from the speakers, I relax on the couch with a clear plastic cup filled with beer. Everyone around me grinds their hips onto another to the music; most of them are clearly intoxicated. I don't have anyone to hang out with, Cameron is busy being the DJ, Micah and Sophie are kissing in the kitchen, Austin is dancing with some stranger, and I have no clue where Jamie is?

A girl pushes through the huddle of people who are dancing in front of me. I grin when I see Victoria, I almost forgot I invited her. She flashes her perfect teeth and joins me on the sofa.

"I finally found you. You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah, let's go upstairs. It's quieter."

I grab her hand and lead her up the steps. I try Jamie's room and the second upstairs bedroom, but both are locked. I don't blame her for locking them; there are a couple of people who would hook up. The bathrooms empty, so I take her inside and shut the door. The music is much less noticeable, and I can hear myself speak.

I sigh, putting the top down on the toilet and take a seat. Victoria perches herself on the empty spot by the bathroom sink, adjusting her black leather skirt. Her nose looks slightly better than yesterday, and she's no longer wearing the bandage. Her eyes look a deeper blue from what I remember. Victoria twitches her nose, and I admire the many freckles scattered around, ending at the edge of her cheeks.

"I thought about what you said, and I'm willing to give you a second chance. But only if you tell why you'd cheated." I look up at her.

Victoria bites her bottom lip and fiddles with her thumb. Her legs slightly swing back and forth.

"Lucas, I used to think I was useless. I always made everyone's life harder. But to answer your question, it made me feel useful for once. I'd was making someone happy even if it was just for a moment. Sounds dumb, saying out loud."

Victoria's life before she met me wasn't pretty. Her mother struggled to find work, and her father left when she was three. Victoria and her mum didn't have the best relationship, either. She always came to stay at my house whenever they had a heated argument. She was still distant, especially at the beginning of our relationship, maybe this is why.

"Why you leave a note instead of saying goodbye?"

"I couldn't face you, and I thought you wouldn't ever love the true me, so I found ways to make you hate me."

"You never gave me a chance to Victoria. You were lying our entire relationship."

"I know. I'm not excusing what I did. I just need you to know the truth."

Victoria always seems to cross the wires in my brain. I want to give her a second chance, but I don't want to regret my decision. She wanted to feel needed; that's why she cheated. What if she still feels the same and does it all over again. However, talking to her now, she does seem different from years ago. I'll ask more questions before making my final decision.

"Who's the father then?"

"Jackson Simpson. He doesn't want to be involved, though."

I sit there, in-depth thought. I don't honestly know what to do. I still love Victoria, I thought I wouldn't, but my heart started to race when I saw her again. I stand and pace the room. Victoria tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear and sighs.

"Vic, I can't go through another heartache now, so I'm taking this extremely slow. We're friends until I truly know you've changed."

Victoria squeals, hopping off the counter and hugs me. Our eyes lock for a moment, and I lean in before attaching our lips; it didn't last long because Cameron walks in with a shocked expression.

"Oh, sorry. I'll go," he mutters, leaving the room. Victoria tries to kiss me again, but I pull away. I'm going against what I just said.

"We just got caught up in the moment. Just friends, remember."

"Yeah," She nods pouting.

I have to use the bathroom, so I tell her to leave. After, I go downstairs and look for Jamie. I think if I can get them two to be friends as well, then things will be less awkward. I ask Cameron if he's seen her, but he shrugs. I search the whole house for her but no luck. Did she leave her party?

Victoria calls me over, and I join her. Hopefully, Jamie will find us.