chapter 20

(Y/N) POV

Bakugo is the only person in the world right now that I can count on to help me. I go to the door right down the hall from me and knock a few times. I wait a few seconds till I hear shuffling and muffled cursing through the door.

The door opens to a very sleepy and a little annoyed Bakugo. His hair is all messy well messier than usual and he doesn't look awake yet. Then it hits me ITS 4 IN THE MORNING and he was sound asleep and I woke him up. I. Am. So. Dead. He is probably so mad at me for waking him up! Oops.

"What do you want dumbass? Its 4 in the fucking morning why and how are you still up.?" He says in a gruffly morning voice while he rubs his eyes to wake up. "Oh I'm so sorry! I wasn't thinking about the time and how you could still be asleep! I am so sorry I'll just go back to my room. You just forget I was even here and go back to sleep!" I start walking back to my room but he stops me.

"Get back here dumbass." He says has he curls up his index finger to signal me back to him. "If something is bothering you so much that you want to wake me up then I want to hear what it is." He leans on the door frame with his hand on his hip locks eyes with me and says "Talk"

"Well you see I kinda had a nightmare...well it wasn't a nightmare  more of a memory...and I haven't had that specific memory in a long time..and it really messed with me. I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't." I look anywhere but his eyes a little embarrassed that it bothered me that much and started messing with my hands out of nervousness. "And..and.. you said that I could come to you anytime and I- I know I've kinda used that a lot but I just have this bad feeling and I feel like I just need to talk it out a-and your the only person that I can count on and trust.........but I understand if you want to go back to sleep." I close my eyes not wanting to meet his eyes cursing myself for rambling like that.

There's a long pause that makes me even more embarrassed and nervous but then Bakugo breaks the silence
"Your such a dumbass, dumbass." That shakes me out of my nervous state and I look back up at him. "W-whaaat?" Say in totally confusion.
"I stand by my statement if you ever need to escape from your dad or just want to talk I'm always here. It doesn't matter if I'm asleep or not." He pushes himself off the door and walks back into his room. "Now come on and talk if you need to talk."

We walk into his room and I cant help but think about the last time I was in here.  I came here to get away from my father. But Bakugo took care of me he made me feel safe and loved. And it was also where we kissed. And at that thought I blushed and silently slapped myself. (Y/N) no! This is NOT the time to think of stuff like that! Stop it!! 

After I silently scold myself I look up to see Bakugo sitting on his bed and patting the spot beside him for me to join him. I go over and sit down next to him. "Ok so what was the memory about?" Bakugo asks. I look up at him take a deep breath and say "it was right after my mother died." I look over to see a wide eye Bakugo. "Whoa your mom. You've never mention her before."

"Yeah it's kinda hard to talk about." Bakugo only nods his head in agreement. "Do you still want to talk about?" He asks "Yeah I feel like it would help if I just told you." I take a breath and start talking. "Well it was right after my mom's funeral only I was way to young to understand what a funeral meant. All I knew was that mom left and she was never coming back. So I went to my father for some kind of comfort but he started to freak out and said all these weird things like  "why are you here" and "Your suppose to be dead." Now I understand what was going on but back then I was confused and hurt. See I look almost exactly like my mom  and I guess in my father's drunken mind I was my mom. I guess he thought she had come back to haunt him for all the terrible things he'd done. And he got so scared that he took a empty beer bottle and smashed it over my head. I still have the scar." I lift my hair up to show the tiny scar on the right side of my forehead.