/////an opening/////

A fight. A shot. And a lot of blood.

Bloodshed is something I was use to. It's was one of my duties to over see blood shed.

So shedding it myself is something I could easily do.

A fight between my cousin went easy, he was in over his head. Punches were thrown, kicks and blood were tossed.

When I had him in the floor, deafest was in his eyes yet he never gave up. Every second I was fight him Maze was somewhere getting better or getting worse, I had to end him quickly.

Pulling out the gun, I didn't care how I killed him but this was the quickest was to ensure it.

A single bullied in his heart, it was shot. The gun shot was loud as he fell, yet his fall was louder.

Holding his chest tightly as blood escaped him, he stared at me with pure hatred. His eyes littered with pain and hate as I stand over him.

"You....won't win."

"I always do Alexander. You know this. And this didn't need to happen, you've brought your death upon yourself." Shaking his head, Alexander chuckles out at me, blood slowly rising out onto the floor. "Tell me why you did this Alexander."

"You killed her."

"Killed who?"

"My mate." Thinking back to it, my eyes narrow as he stares at me patently. He refuses to die now.

"I never killed her. She did that to herself Alexander, you just can't see to accept that."

"You-"

"She killed herself. She chose me over you and later on couldn't handle what I was! She wanted to leave and go back to you but she was scared! She killed herself." Standing over him and he keeps himself alive, I start to boil over. I should have know this is what everything was about.

"She wouldn't."

"But she did. I wouldn't kill my own mate! I had no reason! I loved her just like you Alexander! She didn't love me!" She did kill herself. Not me.

"You're the reason....my mate is dead. I'll be the reason for yours!"

"I'm making sure my mate doesn't die because of you again! Not for a second time!"

"You killed her! You're the reason for their deaths!"

"No! You made her scared! You made her afraid that you wouldn't love her! She made her choices because of you! It wasn't just me! And I will not lose another love because you can't handle rejection!" Shooting him again, it was almost pleasing.

Seeing him die ensures the Safety if anyone I would ever care for from now until I die.

After seeing that Alexander is dead for sure, I run to Maze, finding her faint scent and using Marcel's to find her locked and chained in a room almost lifeless.

Blood bags sit around her, some full and some hanging on the wall giving it to her.

Her body is still and pale, her chest barley moving. Rushing to her while I link to Henry to send Lucian
here for us, she'll bring us to Safety, to care for Maze.

Henry will get the packs back to our homes, where I will meet them after knowing Maze is fine.

Seeing her for the first time in months like this isn't anything I hoped for, this is worse than I had imagined.

Breaking the chains with the pure rage and anger that she is dying, I only see red as I undid anything keeping her here, cradling her in my arms as she breathes heavily.

Only seeing her, I don't see anything else in the room.

I wish I could, but I can only focus on the love of my life about to die if we don't leave soon. But if I move I risk her dying herself.

I could easily get us to where the gods are waiting for us both, but myself doing it would endanger her even more than another getting us there themselves.

I wish I could see the other person in the room with tears of their own flooding their eyes.

"You killed him. He never finished the plan!" Turning to see Marcel standing with a gun in the room, he shakes heavy as tears stream down his face.

"You killed him! He loves me! We were going away to die together! But you didn't let that happen! You never died!"

"Marcel!"

"Say good bye Xander! You're not leaving this room with her! I'll make sure she lives to know the awful thing you've done today!" And with that a bullet leave the gun with a heavy bang.

Only silence is in the room as it hits me and forces me back, off of Maze as she falls to the ground, her hand clasping onto mine as Marcel holds a gun to his own head.

Mazes hand clamps onto mine, something in her is still there. As I go unconscious I can feel a change. Something is happening, and if it's death I know it's with the one I love.

If it's death, I finally welcome it.

-----------

Sorry that this is an extremely short chapter, but it's for the greater good. I promise. The next one will be much longer and only a few after will follow.

I really want to know what is in your head right now about what is going on....what do y'all think is going to happen? Shall this nice author betray her characters or love them?

Shall she be evil and diabolical or a gentle angel ready to bless everyone? Who knows?

Anyways, vote comment and share because why not? Follow me too, I jut released a new book btw!