not ever

Two days after Harry left the city, I called him. Only thing I got back, a message that read "I'll call you in two minutes." I waited, and those 2 minutes turned into 2 weeks. I get it, Harry was busy but he was starting out, how busy could he actually be? He promised, that's what hurts most.

Those two weeks were mainly spent in my room, alone, listening to music, watching Harry's interviews and learning that he had a 'girlfriend' named Karen. Finally, I decided to leave my house for a reason other than grocery shopping, which ended up in me meeting a special person, but we'll get to that later.

I walked down the street, dragging my feet as I once again attempted to Skype Harry because I missed him so much, and I loved him so much, I was willing to try anything just to hear his raspy voice or see the twinkle in his eye or hear his soft chuckle or even watch the way his dimples appear when he smiles at his own dorky jokes. Once again, he didn't pick up so I kept walking, a frown falling upon my face. I sighed to myself, then felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to see a rather tall guy with a sort of curliness to his hair, his eyes chocolatey which to be honest, made me smile. He looked like he was struggling, his upper body was wet which made his shirt cling to his body, exposing his muscles. "Hey, sorry, can you help me out? I was having fun on my motorbike but it ended up in the river, I got out before it fully went in the water." he pointed to the shallow end of the river. "Could you help me get it out?"

I nodded and rushed with him to the river where his bike's nose was poking out of the water. I took a deep breath, rolled up my sleeves and proceeded to drag this boy's bike out of the water until we finally were able to lay it on the street.

"Tell me why you needed it out of there so urgently?" I wiped my hands on my jeans, as the boy laughed.
"It's not mine. I'm hoping I can take it to the shop and they can fix it." He picked it up and dragged it to his house, I followed with my hands behind my back. "Right."

He closed the garage and turned to me, jutting his hand out. "Shawn, by the way." I shook his hand.
"Niall." I smiled widely.

Shawn invited me inside for tea and we ended up watching a movie. After a couple of hours, I started to get sleepy which Shawn noticed. "Niall," He tapped my shoulder, I looked at him as my eyes were barely open. He pat his lap. "You can lay here if you want." I thought about it for a bit before I shrugged and lay on top of Shawn, quickly falling asleep.

There was a knock on the door, so I stood up and opened it. I saw Harry standing up, rings under his eyes, his hair a mess and a tired smile on his face. "Hey, baby." I smiled and hugged him, sniffing in his cologne. God, I missed him.

He pulled away and picked me up, I laid my head on his shoulder as he kissed my neck softly. "I missed you." He muttered as he buried his nose into my hair. I held onto him tighter than I've ever held someone, I really didn't want to let go. He completed me and I didn't want to let that piece of me go. Not now, not ever.

"I love you." He put me down again and rubbed noses with me, causing me to giggle and Harry to ruffle my hair.
"I love you too." I grinned, holding his hands and sitting on the couch with him.

"Niall." I felt my back being patted so I opened my eyes and saw Shawn instead of Harry, I looked around sighing as I realised it was just a dream. Shawn subtly stroked the small of my back as he handed me my phone. "This Harry dude keeps texting and calling you. It's been going on for the past hour." I picked up my phone and got up, going outside. "One second." Shawn nodded.

"Niall, baby? I've been calling for an hour." I nodded.
"I know. What's up?" I made my voice sound like I didn't miss him with my entire heart. We talked for a couple of minutes which was nowhere near enough to satisfy me.

"Listen, kitten, I have to go perform, I'll call you back when I can, yeah?" I muttered a 'yeah' and he hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket as I went inside back to Shawn.

"That your boyfriend?" He looked at me. I shrugged, "I think so." Shawn shook his head, laughing.
"You think so?" Shawn scratched the back of his head as I chewed on my lip.
"Yeah, I mean, no he's my boyfriend." I fiddled with my fingers. "He's just...busy, I guess."

Shawn put his arm around me. "You always got me." He held his fist up for a fist bump and I went along with it, pumping my fist with his which ended in slight chuckles falling from our lips.