69 part 2

Lane's POV:

6:48 pm

I'm always fucking late. All that daydreaming and reminiscing ate a lot of my time. 48 mins. 48 mins Lane! He waited 48 mins for me. I hope he's still there. Oh no..what if he already left? What do I do now??

I ran and went straight inside. Looking for any familiar face. Looking for his face...

He's gone.. he already left. I sat down hoping he might come back. I waited..and waited..and waited some more..

He's not coming back is he...? I leaned on the table. It's just so painful. Thinking I almost had him again. I'm so stupid. Why didn't you wait for me Austin? Why?

All of a sudden I felt a hand touch my shoulder from behind.

'Austin?!'

'Hey relax it's just me!' Said the familiar voice.

'Tiffany?!' I yelled in surprise.

'Hey. No need to be formal. What's with you?' Tiff replied.

'Where is Austin??? Did you see him?' I asked.

'What? I don't know. Was he supposed to be here?' She paused. 'Oh...wait. You thought he was the one that messaged you? That was me. I sent you a text. Wait, don't tell me you deleted my number already? Laneeee??? How could you?' Tiff added.

'Uhm. Well.. I..' I couldn't find the words to describe how I feel. Tiff hit me on the head.

'Idiot. You're still hangover with that guy? Dudeeeee. How long has it been Lane?? Don't tell me you're still waiting for all these years? My god. Lane.'

And Tiff continued to lecture me but I couldn't hear a word anymore. All I can hear is my heart beating. I felt sad that I didn't get to see Austin. But, thankful at the same time. I would have beg for him to take me back. I would have caused a scene.

'Laneeeee??? Hello???' Tiff said cutting my thoughts off.

'Uh. Yeah. Sorry. What is it?' I replied.

'Huh? I just wanted to see my friend. What's wrong with that? How have you been?' She asked.

'I'm good. I've been doing great.'

'Liar. One thing I know about you Lane, you're bad at telling lies.' Tiff said.

'Are you drunk already?' I asked.

'Dumbass. This is just iced tea. I don't drink anymore. I've changed.' She answered.

Before I know it, Tiff started telling me about her life. What happened after she left the club. Her experiences. Her current job. And in return I told her about mine. It felt like forever.

'Really? Wow. A lot has happened since then. But is everything really good Tiff? I mean.. if you just wanted to catch up you could have just messaged me you know? What is it that it's so important you have to meet me in person?' I asked.

'Oh c'mon? I'm not allowed to see a friend? I've missed you!' Tiff answered with a bittersweet smile on her face. I smiled back at her.

'So..it's still Austin huh? You mean to tell me you haven't dated anyone ever since?' Tiff asked raising her eyebrow on me.

'Well... I can't say date date. More like..hmmm just..fucking??' I shyly answered.

'Oh my. I don't judge. We've been through that.' She laughed.

'It's good. No pressure. At least you try. Don't give up on love just yet okay? Try to move on. If you fail,try again the next day. Just keep on trying. Until...it's gone. Until you get tired. One day you will wake up, and it wont hurt that much anymore.'

I smiled at what Tiff said.

'But..if I were you Lane. I would wait for that forever kind of love. Because that's the love you deserve. We all do.' She added.

'I'm..I don't know Tiff. I'm just scared.' I answered.

'Hmmmm...69!' She yelled.

'What? 69? Where? Shhhhh. People can hear us.' I said.

'Now listen. What if I tell you that it is possible to love and be loved in this lifetime? What if you meet someone who will you love just as much as you love them? Give and take. 69. Yes! That's kind of love we all deserve Lane. 69. Where both people receive and give something. Partnership. Not ownership. Not domination. Partnership. 69 Lane.' She said excitedly.

'69...I've never thought of that..' I said.

'But..Lane.. that's not really what I came for.' She slowly said. I stared at her as I wait what she would say.

'Lane. I'm getting married' she shyly confessed.

'What? Wait sorry I think I heard it wrong. What did you say?'

'I said. I'm..getting marr.. Oh, babe! Here! Over here!' Tiff said as she call the attention of a man.

'Sorry, I figured it would be best to have him here as we would want you in our wedding. To be a part of it.' She continued.

'Babe, what took you so long? I thought you'll never come' Tiff said as she stand up and hug the man she will marry.

I froze for a second not knowing what to do. Is Tiff actually getting married? And what kind of man would change Tiff's mind to finally settle down and start a family? Just how amazing he has to be to change her mind. I glanced at the man slowly approaching the table.

'Hi, you must be one of her closest friend? The man said.

That...
voice....

I quickly turned around, my eyes in disbelief, and to my surprise...

Dan.

****