Sidefuck part 3

Lane's POV:

Evening before the wedding. Everyone was present for the evening dinner. It was filled with laughter, stories, and tears. People shared their stories about Dan and Tiff.

It was a good night. I couldn't help but notice how Dan would stare at Tiff often. So much so that it hurts. Like he is that afraid to lose her. He couldn't take his eyes off her.

Why her? Why not me...? What could she possibly have that I don't? What does she got to offer?

I waited until everyone left. I quickly went out of the room to look for Tiff. She was at the balcony looking at the sky. I wonder what she is thinking..

This is the perfect time.

I have to tell her what really happened and who Dan really is. I still got time.

"Lane?" She said.

"Huh? How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"Hmmm I got eyes on the back of my head. I see everything." She answered.

"Silly. The shadow from the light." Tiff added.

"Oh."

"- so... tomorrow huh. Excited? What are you feeling?" I asked.

"What does it feel like? Hmmm like everything in the puzzle is finally starting to make sense. And Daniel..the last missing piece." She said.

"Wow.. I didn't know you were such a romantic." I replied. She laughed.

"Are you...sure about this Tiff?" I asked her. While I approach her slowly.

"Never been so sure in my life Lane." She answered.

"Well...that's good. When it comes to things like this you should always be sure. There shouldn't be any room for doubt." I replied to her.

"Of course." Tiff said as she gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen.

But..

Here it goes..

"Even if I tell you who Daniel...really is?" I said.

"What do you mean?" Tiff curiously ask.

"Tiff. Dan lied to you. He and I were fuck buddies. We have been for a while already. Bet he didn't tell you that? He ghosted me after too. And he told me he did that to others before. He just loves to fuck around. You see..I just don't want the same thing to happen to you. He will just use you and your body. Until he had enough and would move on to another person. That's the kind of man he is. He loves the thrill and the chase. Once he got bored he will move on. I know him Tiff. I know him all too well. He told me he doesn't want to be with anyone. Don't fully trust him. Please believe me. I'm telling the truth. You still have time to think things over." I explained.

Tiff smiled. I got confused.

Huh?

"I know Lane. I know." She replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You think Daniel..or Dan as you call him. Didn't tell me about everything? Lane, he is my life partner. I know him more than anyone." Tiff said.

"But...that evening. When you introduced me to him. You seemed clueless." I asked again.

"Yeah. I didn't know the girl he told me about was you Lane. And he didn't know the friend I was telling him about is you too. But after the dinner he told me privately. He would never keep anything from me." Tiff explained.

"But..." I was going to explain more until Tiff said:

"Lane. I know you're concern. Thank you. But I know my Daniel. And he knows me. We love each other. I know his past isn't the best but so is mine. I guess that's just really what love is. Knowing their dirt and still claiming them yours. And you wouldn't have it in any other way. He accepts me. Everything about me. He rejoices in my madness. In my flaws that he kiss every night. Isn't that what we all want? Isn't this the love we deserve?"

Her words sent shivers to my spine.

"Lane...listen..if I knew you got a thing before the story would have been different. As a respect for you because you're my friend. But things are how it is now. And I'm sorry for the pain that you feel. Really I am." She added.

"Tiff...I..I'm pretty sure he is just using you Tiff. Wake up. He is just after sex. Once he got bored he will leave. That's how he is!!' I yelled while I grabbed tiff by her arm, yanking her.

I didn't even know I was already crying. My body shaking. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore too. All I know is that...it hurts..so much.

"Lane!" Tiff yelled as she pushed me and removed my hand from her arm.

"Listen. I know it hurts. And I'm sorry. But what makes you think Daniel and I already did it? He would never do anything to disrespect me or do things I don't want. But damn Lane. Do you really have to be so selfish!? Are you really concerned for me?? Or for yourself?? The world doesn't revolve around you! It already did once! People waited until you're happy. Until you're okay! But with how things are..you'll never be! Let people move on and be happy! Fuck Lane. Fuck." She cried and dashed out of the room.

What did she mean....?

It's not making sense.. have I been really that selfish?

Then it hit me..

The person that hurts me the most...

Is me...

***