I (Future)

The future.
A dark, desolate world. A world of war, suffering, loss, on both sides.

Mutants and the humans who dared to help them... fighting an enemy, that we cannot defeat. Are we destined down this path?

Destined to destroy ourselves like so many species before us?

Or can we evolve fast enough to change ourselves? Change our fate? Is the future truly set?

A familiar portal opens up quickly into the middle of the Underground room in Moscow. "They're here. Times up." Blink said to the people gathered there.

"Sentinels!" Warpath called out as they all leapt up, ready to do battle with their enemies who never tire.

"Kitty, you know the drill." Sierra told her, as the woman nodded, as they all prepared for battle.

"Sunspot." Bishop states and Sunspot nods, sending heat energy towards his outstretched hands.

"I wish Dive was here." Sierra says and her hands were swirling with fire and water was rising.

"You have got enough control, and you know it." Colossus said and Sierra nods as she felt her eyes glow red like the fire that she held in the palms of her hands, literally.

Sunspot roared, taking on one of the Sentinels immediately as it drops onto the ground.

Colossus charges for the other one and Sierra melts quickly into a puddle of water to go to help Kitty and Bishop who had run into another one.

Warpath, by the way of one of Blink's portals, also came to help, as he sliced at it, as Element blasted, at it with fire and water mercilessly, but, not getting in any crucial hits against it.

Blink sent a portal out that Element leapt right into along with Bobby, who had shown up at the exact right time, when they needed him as always.

"You ready?" He shouted at Element, who rode the icy wave alongside him and she nods.

He began to make the entire hallway into ice, while she attacked with earth and air, but eventually it got free and caught them both by the throats.

"Bobby!" She shouted as they both were destroyed utterly by it, but she managed to break free, even if just as it was about to destroy her.

She managed to make her way towards Warpath, who was making a valiant effort to stop the army of three Sentinels by himself.

She roared as she charged, sending one into the wall and another falling into the third, but it only dazed them for a mere second, as she managed to get in front of the door.

Element's heat immunity only can help so much when she was hit by all of the elements at once, and she went down finally, her eyes wide open in death.

So few of us left.

"I've found them." Professor X says from where he was on the jet with the rest of the mutants onboard, who had been very smart to stick with them.

China

The jet came down and landed as quietly as a huge jet could manage and the first one off was Storm, her eyes still glowing white like fog. She had been responsible for the sudden weather change, to give the jet cloudy cover as it came down.

Next was Wolverine, lighting a cigar as always. Followed by Professor X as well as the three Kinetics.

Atlanta or Dive, with water swirling around on her palms, and a bottle at her side.

Rebel or Instinct, hovering two clicking balls of metal, barely focused on it at all, until Magneto focused and they were gone from the air, just above her hand.

The last and quietest of the three was Thomas Jackson, Circuit. The one who was known often behind his back as a Judas. After all, he was the only one of them who had ended up leaving them to join the Brotherhood of Mutants led by Magneto. He had electricity crackling through his palms and also on the surface of his skin as a natural defense mechanism.

Magneto was the last one off of the jet. Known mainly, as the Master of Magnetism, he was also well known for creatin' the Brotherhood and their mission of wiping out humans.

But he had changed, or so Charles kept insisting. But with every passing day, the three Kinetics began to mold to his way of thinking.

But still, not everyone had.

"Professor." Bobby said, walking quickly, coming out of the ancient chinese structure, almost immediately followed by Sierra.

"Bobby. Sierra." Storm smiles to see that they're both still alive and Sierra nods.

"Hey, Storm." Bobby said and the two embraced briefly, before Sierra gave a hug to Storm.

"Logan." Sierra says with a nod to Wolverine in the corner as he smoked a cigar.

"Hey, kids." He said and she still snorted loudly at the nickname, but definitely understood where he was coming from, as Bobby nods at Logan.

"Professor." Everyone turns quickly to look at Kitty, who walked out with the tall form of Colossus next to her. "You made it." She said.

"All of you did." Sierra said a bit coldly, as she avoided Magneto as she went over to the Kinetics, who gave her a hug each, excludin' Thomas who didn't trust anyone enough for it.

"Whenever the Sentinels attack coming for us, Warpath spots them and I send Bishop back to warn us of the attack before it happens. Blink scouts the next site, and... well, then we leave before they ever know we were there." Kitty explains to the group who had just arrived.

"Because, we never were." Warpath finished as he sat down and Sierra let out a big breath of air.

"But what do you mean, you were never there?" Logan asks them and he amongst the rest of the others, looked very confused.

"She projects Bishop back in time only a few days back, to warn the others of a coming attack." Charles explains, his best way to say it to Logan.

"So... she just sends Bishop back in time?" Logan questioned, still looking very confused.

"This might take awhile." Sierra said, causing some laughs, as then balls of water were tossed towards Dive, who caught them and because it was water she began to juggle them.

"No, just his consciousness, into his younger self, his younger body." The Professor patiently explains.

"Wow." Logan said, looking at Kitty with new respect in his eyes for her and Sierra began to make more balls and Atlanta was now doing a bunch of different fancy tricks.

"Hey! Stay focused." Logan snapped and Atlanta drops all of them onto his head at once.

"I was, you asshole." She said coldly to him, as he shakes his head out and did splatter water everywhere.

"This might just work, Charles." Erik said, bringin' the attention back to the elephant, in the room, that not every mutant was aware of.

"What might work?" Kitty asked, as the two most experienced mutants in the room both looked at her.