XII

The next day, they were now all on their way to Washington, D.C, where the press conference would take place and Trask would introduce Sentinels.

Rebel was on the couch, wincing at every little move that the plane made, and she looked around for minds of oblivious people, who could help her focus on everything but what they were going to be doing.

Future

"There's twelve carriers inbound! Ten miles!" Warpath calls out from the top of the tallest structure, and at the call, Sierra's hands lit up with fire.

While water began to swirl around Atlanta, who's face turns serious once more, and her eyes blazed with a fury that no one knew she had.

"One last fight?" She asked and held out her hand to Thomas, who looked at her and nods, gripping her hand in his quickly.

"One last fight." He said and she nodded as they lit up with their own respective power sources.

Past

"Thousands of people, will be gathered here today. They've come from all over the world to witness a history, along with news crews from at least 50 different countries."

The news reporter was saying and then Rebel walked through the metal detector without a hitch, as did Logan to his brief shock.

The only reason that Charles didn't quite make it through right away, was because of his wheelchair, which it naturally had metal in it.

"Logan, you don't have metal claws."

Rebel reminded him with a quick note in his head, as they walked into the crowd.

Rebel looked around along with Charles, but only seeing plenty of useless thoughts around, but none at all of the thoughts, that indicated she was here. That it was Raven. Nothing.

"My fellow Americans, today we are gathered here today to inform you of the new threat, that is without doubts, the gravest we have ever faced in our world: mutants."

"In the immortal words of Robert Oppenheimer 'Behold... the world will never be the same again." And he held up his hand as the flag came down to reveal the Sentinels.

Future

"Here they come." Warpath spoke with conviction as Magneto joined the battle ready, battle hardened mutants.

The Sentinels were coming in their carriers, having not yet been released but they didn't have much time until all of them came swarming at them, with only one goal in mind.

The complete, and utter extinction of the mutant species as a whole. And the X-Men, well... that was just a bonus of it all.

Past

"This is for you, brothers and sisters."

Both Charles and Rebel caught the thought, but it was Charles who ended up freezing Raven in place.

"Raven? I have her." Charles said to the others, as they looked around for her chosen form. "There. You see? The Secret Service man. Left of the stage."