VIII (Past)

"You're a cocky guy and from what I've seen, I can see that you have got a whole lot on your long as shit resume, to back it up with." Rebel says and he looked at her, the attention solely on her now.

"What you've seen?" He asks her, as he was looking around the room and she nods at him, as she chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, that helped as well. But I'm talking about what's in that mind of yours, Silver. You're not the only one with abilities." She said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Wait... you can read my mind?" He asked and she looked at the others all of whom nodded.

"Yeah, among other things I can do, yes I can read your mind. I can read anyone's mind pretty much, unless I have a block or like I'm super messed up on drugs and shit." She said, but to her extreme credit of self control, she manages to avoid looking altogether at the elephant in the room as she did.

Peter appeared at the Ms. Pac Man, sitting in front of it, and Rebel laughs lightly at his speed. "So, who are you, and what do you want?" He asked as they all tried to decide and Rebel was nominated by default to explain.

"We need your help, Peter." Logan said to hopefully get the conversation going a bit faster.

"For what?" He asked and Rebel sighed, as she looks around the room at all of the stolen goods.

"To break into a highly secured facility and to get someone else out of that same facility in a way that doesn't get us caught and put in that facility."

Rebel interrupted Logan with an apologetic look, but she knew that he was getting nowhere from the way he was talking and the way that Peter's head was a spinning globe of 300 things at once.

"Prison break? That's illegal, you know." He said as he continued to play Pac Man.

"Can you stop thinking so fast? I'm gettin' a headache from your thoughts on their own." Rebel cursed as she'd wince.

"Sorry." He said, spinning away from the Pac Man, which took about half of the things out of his mind.

"Thank you." She said, rubbing her temples with her hands as she winced at it.

"Uh... Well, only if you get caught."

Logan said as he looked around the room at all the stuff that Peter had all on his own, stolen, and he had gotten away with it.

"So, what's in it for me?" Peter asked them all and Charles pinched his nose as if he still had his powers, which he most certainly did not.

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into the Pentagon." Charles said, as he rubbed his eyes.

"How do I know I can trust you?" He asks and Rebel looks at one of the TVs and levitated it three feet up into the air. "I meant the guys. You girls have already shown me I can. Both of you."

He said and Logan nodded, as his bone claws came out of his knuckles and Rebel winced at the sight.

"That's cool, but it's disgusting." Peter said and Rebel chuckled, nodding in a clear agreement with him.

"Remember the plan?" Charles asked Rebel quietly and she nodded and she stood still, as suddenly Peter raced off with her into the elevator, knocking, a guard's hat off as well.

Peter just smirked when the guard noticed him, as Rebel was invisible to the guard, using her telepathic ability, a trick she had managed to pick up off of Charles. She tapped him on the arm to remind him that she was there, and they walked down the hallway calmly as if they were meant to be there.

There was no metal on either of their person, and Rebel continued to stay at least for now invisible.

They walked into the room and Rebel releases herself from the invisibility a bit sooner then she intended.