VII (Past)

"Up here. Here! Here!" Logan said from the backseat and Charles plowed down hard on the brake and almost sent Atlanta through the windshield.

"Charles Xavier, you are a horrible driver." She said coughing as she got out of the car with Rebel and Logan as they had all been forced to shove tight together in the backseat.

Logan knocked on the door three times impatiently before a woman came to the door with a resigned look on her face.

"What's he done now? I'll just write you a good check for whatever it is he took."

She said in a manner that clearly stated that she had to deal with this sort of thing, far too often, that now, she was absolutely resigned to this fate of endlessly accepting her son's kleptomaniac tendencies and paying off people.

"We just need to talk to him." Logan cut her off swiftly and as abruptly as possible, just to try to get to the point as fast as he could.

"Peter, the cops are here-- again." She shouted and they all walked down the stairs as she directed them to.

Rebel raised her eyebrows at the guy who was playin' ping pong by himself and still managin' to hit the ball every, damn, time. "Holy shit." She said.

"What do you guys want? I didn't do anything. I've been here all day." The kid said, moving impossibly fast to be on the couch behind them.

"Just relax, Peter. We're not working with cops and we're not cops." Logan said and Peter nods.

"Of course you're not cops. If you were cops, you wouldn't be driving a rental car. Also, how did you all fit into one rental car by the way?" He asked and Rebel looked at him.

"Sounds like you talk as fast as you move. Right?" She asked and he looks at her.

"Now, how do you know that?" He asked and she looked at him steadily and shakes her head with a chuckle.

"I'm not telling you anything yet, Silver." She said and he raised his eyebrows.

"How'd you know we've got a rental car?" Charles asked and Rebel slapped herself in the forehead again, where a red mark was beginning to show.

"I checked your registration, when you were walking to the door. I also had some time to kill, so I completely went through your rental agreement, and saw that you're from out of town. Are you FBI?" He asked and Rebel was actually smiling now, legitimately.

"He does talk as fast as he runs. That is crazy." She said and they all looked at her.

"Care to explain?" Charles asked and she shakes her head at him with slight smirk on her face, that she had without any doubt in anyone's minds, quite literally... picked up from Alex.

"Nope, you're not cops." Peter appeared behind them with Charles' wallet in hand. "Hey, what's with this gifted youngsters place?" He asked as he moved again, and drops the wallet as he did.

"That's an... old card." Charles almost didn't bother to finish after Peter had moved again, while Rebel, she was all in all... maybe using a bit of her ability of telekinesis and telepathy to keep track of him.

"Why, he's fascinating." Hank said as he was now smiling as well.

"He's a pain in the arse." Charles corrected and Rebel shakes her head as she briefly lost track but found him again.

"I have to agree with Hank, on this one Charles. He is awesome." Rebel said and Peter was at the Ms. Pac Man machine now.

"What, a teleporter?" Hank asked and Logan chuckles at him with a shake of his head.

"No, he's just fast." Logan corrected.

"Real damn fast." Rebel said as Peter moved around again and she figured out a way to keep track of him now.

"And when I knew him, he wasn't quite so... young." Logan said.

"Behind us." Rebel said and they all spun around to see him on the couch again.

"Young? You're just old." Peter said as they all turned around and he tilts his head slightly. "Okay, you guys are old, and she is too. But you're not." He said as he nodded at Rebel quickly.

"Ouch." Atlanta said and he looks at her and the popsicle bit that was still on the stick melted and Peter raised a eyebrow. "Yes, I did that kid." She said and he nodded.

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" Hank asked and now, poor Rebel's forehead, was getting, redder and redder.

"Powers? What powers? What, are you talking about? You see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them." Peter said.