The Words I've Never Uttered

You are that piece of a broken glass that I am willing to grip no matter how deep it cuts my skin, how much blood it pours out my hand- but how much longer?

How much longer should I stand alone in this ocean full of riptides as I wait for your presence to face it with me, but little did I know, you would come here as seismic sea waves- enough to take me down in just a minute.

I remember how you promised me sunshine and rainbows but it all ended up being rain and a cloudy sky. But I promised you my patience, so now I'm dancing under the raindrops of your promises that are now falling down on me instead of admiring that forgotten sunshine.

You took my heart in a way I have never let another soul do, feeling that you are my shelter and I am yours. But now I'm just another lost soul, trying to find the right place to stay. And you are still my shelter, a shelter of pain.

I would stand with you on the highest surface of a mountain, I would come across the sea, I would fight the hardest battles, I would face the lightning and thunders and forget my fears. But it breaks me knowing that you can't do the same.

Before I met you, my heart was too soft. It became vibrant with you, but now it is simply broken.

I called for you, held out my hands and let my face become wet with untold tears. My world has become blacker than it ever was before, darker for your absence, loneliness crippling my every thought.

But, I get it now, only a lover can wound so deep, cut to the very core. After all that, what can there be left underneath but the untouchable part of me, my soul.

My only crime was to not be able to cope with your rage, with the words you allowed to spill unchecked. I have always done my best for you and, even now, still am.

I knew that this is all going to happen, I even prepared for it, but part of myself underestimated its power. It's like giving a murder a gun, and expecting not to be killed. I believed that if I will give him all of my heart, he will not crash it.

But only one I love so much could be my murderer. And that is my heartbreak, to know you are the tool of my greatest pain, my lover.