Know Your Worth

Never ask for love. Never ask for a ray of sunshine from someone that sends you rain. Never ask for them to open the door for you when they shut it right before you could go through. Never ask for radiant hues when all they could ever give were shades of grey, because it will only make you question yourself if you're good enough.

Never ask them to write love letters for you when they can't even speak the words that your heart deserves to hear. Never ask them to be like the characters you've read from the romance novels because, darling, they will be if they want to.

Never ask for them to listen to your songs when they can only notice the upbeat melodies, but not the wretched lyrics. Never ask them to be on the same page when you're stuck in the climax, but the other is already in a falling action—close enough to the resolution because, darling, pushing someone to show the same affection might be a form of rejection. Never choose to be blinded with such high hopes for everything to eventually become better.

Never ask for love, because if you do, what's will be left are heartbreak and disappointment. Never ask for love if there's no love to fight for. Never ask for love if you're the only one who's in need because, darling, it will save you from suffering a strong riptide of pain.

Never ask for love if deep down, you know, that if it's forced to work out, you will end up living a lie. You deserve sunshine without asking for the rain to go away. You deserve to be a reason to open the door without it being shut right on your face. You deserve all the hues glinted by the rainbows. You deserve to be spoiled with heartfelt love letters. You deserve to be a loved main character in a romance novel. You deserve to receive love without being asked for because you should know, that you're not seeking for a fake love, but rather for love that is real. Darling, you deserve someone better.