Chapter 2

The Family Business
Chapter Two
Gerard//Frank

~Gerard's POV~

When I got back to my home I go straight up to my room to change my clothes into something warmer. I look in my closet and find a pink sweater and black jeans. While I'm putting them on, my eyes lock with the phone number on my coffee. I start to think about Frank again. When I'm done getting dressed, I plug the numbers into my phone and send out a text.

Hey this is Gerard :)

I send out the text and I walk over to my bed and lay down waiting for a response. Not even five minutes later I receive a text back.

hey gerard! i know this fast but do you wanna go out on a date sometime?

When I get that text message my heart rate picks up a little bit. I want to go on the date but what if the date turns into something more...I don't want to put him in harms way. In my line of work you really can't have relationships, but my heart out weighs my head.

Yes I'd love to Frank. I panic a little bit, but before I freak out I get a text back.

ok great hows friday at 6? I'll pick you up and the rest will be a surprise

There is a knock at the door than a voice says " Boss we need you in the meeting room...something happened." It sounds like Pete who is one of my capos.

"Give me a minute, Pete!" I yell out to him. I walk to my closet and open my secret compartment. I pull out my Glock Inc. 9mm and put it in my thigh holster. And on my way out the door, I grab my phone and text back Frank.

Sounds perfect I can't wait! I send the text with a smile on my face but as soon as I see Pete's face I lose it.

"What the hell happened?" I ask with anger in my voice.

AN: 344 words