01.

"starlette! get your ass up right now!" she heard, rubbing her eyes and seeing her manager standing over her, shaking her awake

"allie, what the fuck are you doing here?" she asked, groaning as she reached for her phone, seeing the time was 7am on the dot.

"you know how you auditioned for that netflix show a couple months back and you didn't get it?" she said, sitting on her desk chair.

"she, way to rub it in my face, but yeah- what happened?" starlette asked

"the director called me like twenty minutes ago saying the actress they got for the role bailed, well didn't bail- she got into an accident and can't do it, so you're the next best thing, and they want you there by tomorrow to start filming" she rambled, starlettes mouth dropping in shock.

"you're kidding, am i dreaming still, are you for real?" she said, sitting up.

"yeah i'm serious! so do you want it or not? the flights paid for and leaves in a few hours, they have an apartment for you, but you have to stay in a hotel for the first few days! so if you're down you have to hurry up and pack!" allie said

"of course i do, but what about everything here? my apartment, my car, my freaking dog!" she said

"me and jax will fly out to you in a few weeks once you've settled in, and you can choose to move your stuff here out there, i got it covered if you do" she said

"okay- okay fine! i'll do it, i'm in" starlette smiled

"awesome! let's get you packing!" allie said, springing up from where she sat

"when does the flight leave?" starlette asked, headed to her closet, wheeling out two big suitcases, choosing clothes to stuff in before everything else got sent over to her new apartment.

"12 o'clock, so chop chop!" allie said

•••

hours past and allie had dropped starlette off to the airport, starlette gunning it through the airport as she was late and about to miss her flight as allie got the times wrong.

she made it onto her flight safely, checking her social media's before she took off, putting in her airpods and texting her parents and boyfriend she was leaving for months on end to start filming.

she texted her boyfriend, noah, him not replying as he was probably at a modelling shoot and not on his phone.

the plane finally landed, an uber ready to pick her up and take her straight to her hotel as she had to stay there until her new apartment was ready.

she got a text from her manager saying she had to head down to the offices to meet with the crew and cast so they could do their first table read before starting filming.

she picked through her clothes, picking out a casual but nice outfit, wearing an oversized vintage t-shirt that she tucked into some denim shorts, looking in the mirror on the back of the door.

"good enough" she muttered, knowing anything was better than the sweatpants and hoodie she was wearing minutes ago.

she got into another uber, giving them the address that her agent gave her to go to.

she smiled as she looked out the window as the car drove, admiring how beautiful charleston was, knowing she would love it here for the next few months, yet she still was overthinking about meeting the cast that she had to be working with.

for all she knew, her love interest was a total stranger and she had to become friends with a whole knew group of people, which she wasn't afraid of, she always got nervous when she had to meet new people and work with them, afraid they wouldn't like her or something.

she soon arrived, walking up to the office she was instructed too, opening the door to see a group of people sitting around a table, not recognising a face.

"hey! you must be starlette carter! it's great to see you again! incase you forgot, i'm the creator and director, jonas pate" the man smiled, shaking her hand.

"it's great to see you again jonas, how are you" she smiled

"i'm great, i'll get you your script so just take a seat where your name is and we'll start shortly, we're just missing a few people" he said, she nodded and toke a seat as instructed

"hey, i'm madison bailey, i'm playing kiara, it's great to meet you" she smiled, shaking her hand as she sat next to her

"it's great to meet you! girl you are gorgeous, oh my gosh!" starlette smiled with a small giggle

"girl you are one to talk! i just tell we are gonna be great friends" madison smiled, laughing also.

the door burst open, everyone turning to see a blonde guy walk through the door, a smile on his face as he talked to jonas.

"take a seat over there" starlette heard, turning away from the conversation with madison, seeing the blonde guy for the first time in nearly two years.

"oh my gosh" starlette said, turning away as the two made eye contact.

"what? what is it?" mads asked

"oh uh, it's nothing, no nevermind" she said, looking away as he walked over, after she took a second look.