07.

back to present
rudy & star
📍charleston, N.C

"i- i don't know. looking back now, it was the dumbest decision of my life and i lost the best thing that had ever happened to me. right now i would do anything to take it back and to stay with you. to still be with you" he said, just above a whisper, the pain in his voice clear.

she pulled into her parking spot, turning to look at him after turning the car off.

"i think that too, sometimes. what would happen if we stayed together? would it have become worse or better? we were both in a rough patch and couldn't be there for eachother, even though we aren't together anymore, we can still be there for eachother no matter what. friends?" she asked, him holding her hand softly.

"yeah, friends. that's better than nothing isn't it?" he asked, laughing softly.

"of course it is" she smiled, the two then leaving back up to the apartment to their friends.

•••

for the rest of the week star spent her time with noah while he was around, him on his phone most the time, saying it was work, yet she still had a bad feeling about it.

rudy, chase, mads and bails (madelyn & madison bailey) took care of rocky while star was out, then still having time off work too, absolutely adoring her sweet golden retriever, rocky.

today was the first day back at work and noah tagged along to watch as she worked. yet today rudy and star had a few kissing scenes to film, which she warned him about, yet she had a feeling something bad was going to happen. she got the feeling noah and rudy didn't get along, it was visible but she just pushed it aside for the purpose of work.

"he can't get off his phone, he's been like this since he got here" star sighed as she sat with rudy, maddie and bails, madison's new nickname since the two girls had similar names it was just easier.

noah was currently in her trailer on a phone call, her texting him where she was so whenever he decided to show up.

"rudy! star! jonas wants you over at the chateau, now!" elaine, jonas' assistant ordered them.

"yes ma'am!" rudy said in a british accent, elaine, maddie and star all laughing at him as he skipped off like a fool.

they arrived on the set, being instructed what was wanted for them to do, which included of them acting a huge argument between their two characters, ending in a makeup sex scene.
for the sake of the show and everyone watching, they wouldn't actually be having sex but be doing everything leading upto it, the scene cutting before anything actually happened

"imagine if what's his face decided to turn up now while we're doing this" rudy laughed, star thinking about it.
imagine if he did? would he get jealous or angry? even though it was just acting, who would noah react.

the two sat inside the chateau while the crew setup, the two talking and getting into their characters

"his names noah, and honestly he's too swamped into his phone to pay attention to me right now, obviously" she rolled her eyes, becoming upset.

"hey- no- don't get upset, star! come on, chill" he smiled, hugging her, a smile coming onto her lips as she hugged back, missing the feeing of his arms around her.