Chapter 4

"You're going to Brooks house afterschool?" James asked me again and I nodded.

"Beau Brooks talked to you?" He asked.

"Yes!" I said getting annoyed.

"But why you?" He asked and I stopped walking to my locker looking at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

"Nothing I was just asking." He said shrugging and I rolled my eyes, I know I do that a lot.

"Hey Ella I didn't meant it like that." He said from behind me. I just sticked my middle finger at him and kept walking to the parking lot as Beau told me to wait for him there.

I looked at my watch and Beau could be here any minute.

I looked to my right seeing Beau Luke and Jai walking together.

"Hey Ella!" Beau said coming to me as Jai and Luke exchanged weird looks to each other.

"Hey, my mother said I can come." I told him and he nodded.

"Cool lets go." He said as we walked to his car as I sat at the back with Jai and Beau was driving and Luke was in the passenger seat.

"Beau what's she doing here?" Jai asked him.

"She's my English partner so we have to work on a project." He replied.

"Okay good we thought she was your girlfriend or something." Luke said as Jai and even Beau started laughing as I frowned. It's not like I wanted to be known as beaus girlfriend but I didn't know I would be a joke if I was.

Beau looked at me through the back mirror seeing me upset as he stopped laughing.

"Guys stop laughing." Beau said sternly turning on the radio.

------
We entered in the house as Jai and Luke ran into a room playing Fifa.

"MOM!" Beau screamed as we were taking off our shoes.

"Yes sweetie coming!" She said as she seemed friendly.

She walked in and smiled as she saw me.

"Oh who is this beautiful lady ?" She asked Beau shaking my hand. Beautiful? No one ever called me that.

"Mom this is Ella my English partner and Ella this is my mom." He introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs.Brooks you have a lovely home." I said smiling at her because I already loved her.

"Call me Gina sweetie." She said and I nodded as she walked away.

"Alright let's go to my room." Beau said beside me as I nodded.

He sat on his rolly chair as I sat on the corner of his bed with my hands on my lap looking around his room. It was filled with trophies and ribbons for basketball.

"You really love basketball don't you?" I asked him.

"It's my life, the boys play it too but they also play other sports but for me basketball only matters, I can't wait till the championships because I have hope that we are going to win this year, we always come second because Ravens always beat us but this year us Bulldogs are going to destroy them. What do you like to do?" He asked me.

"Oh I love taking pictures with this beauty." I said taking out my camera.

"My father gave this to me for my birthday and it's the best thing that I ever received in life. I love taking pictures from different angles and lenses, it's a way I can express my self I guess." I said opening up to him.

"That's cool, can I see it?" He asked.

I thought about it and hesitantly gave him it.

He looked around it and looked through the lens .

"Say cheese." He said and I smiled as he clicked the picture looking at it smiling and giving the camera back to me.

I couldn't help but blush a little remembering that in talking to the Beau Brooks right now.

"So let's get started shall we." He said and I nodded as we began drawing sketches as a rough copy before we do the actual thing.

--------

After a while we were finished and went downstairs.

"Ella would you like to stay for dinner?" Gina asked me as I looked behind her seeing Luke and Jai making a pigs nose.

"No thanks, I better get going." I said.

"Oh maybe next time then." She said.

"Why don't we shot some hoops till your ride comes?" Beau asked me and I nodded.

We went outside as he bought his basketball an began dribbling it.

I just watched him while he was playing and he was actually really good.

"Here you try." He said passing me the ball as I looked at the ball and back at the net.

I shot the ball as it went in the net and I was actually shocked.

"Damn, here try it again." He said passing me the ball again.

I dribbled it few times and then I held it aiming at the board shooting it in again.

"We got a winner!" Beau cheered for me as I laughed.

We heard a honk from the road as I looked seeing Matthew.

"Oh Matthew's your brother?" He asked me.

"Unfortunately" I said grabbing my stuff as Beau chuckled.

"Well it was nice having you over Ella, see you tomorrow?" He said.

"Yeah see you tomorrow and thanks again for inviting me over your moms super nice!" I said walking to the car.

"What about my brothers?" He laughed as I laughed with him.

"Their alright." I winked and hopped in the car as I waved goodbye to Beau as he did for me.

Matthew drove off as I put my seat belt on.

"Why were you at Brooks house?" He chuckled.

"For a school's project." I replied.

"Oh no wonder, cause they don't like to be friends with girls like you. You know Beau is just using you because your a nerd right?" He said smirking at me while driving.

I slouched down, my brother could be right? Beau could be just using me, but he seems different.