Chapter 5

It's been 3 days and things are going great. James and I talk sometimes but not that much as he has been hanging out more with his friends rather than me, but who would want to hang out with me?

Beau and I actually talk in class now which surprised that he isn't embarrassed talking to me in public as everyone can see him talking to me.

We talk about each other more than the project but that's only when I'm at his house for the project or during his practises. I guess you could say we are friends?

It was lunch time as everyone got up and I walked to my normal seat for lunch which was at the back table where no one sits with me.

I saw Beau entered in the cafeteria with the basketball team as I could see everyone gushing over him.

I smiled just seeing his beautiful face as I noticed my view getting blocked. I looked up seeing the barbie dolls with Haley.

"Back off Beau fatty, he doesn't like fat girls like you but skinny hot girls like me. You might be his friend or whatever but you will never be more than that." She spat and I didn't say anything but just laugh a little.

"Why is she laughing?" One asked.

"I'm laughing because of Beau really liked Haley then he would've been her partner and not mine." I said taking a bit out of my sandwich.

Before I noticed Haley dumped her lunch on me as I gasped.

"Why don't you eat yourself clean." She said with her hands on her hips as she walked off laughing and everyone in the cafeteria was laughing at me.

I got up getting teary as I looked up getting eye contact with Beau as I ran out of the place towards the bathroom cleaning myself.

I fucking hate my life, why do they have to pick on me. Why me? Am I really that fat? I can tell you I don't have a flat stomach but do I need to have that to be beautiful? To be perfect?

I noticed myself crying as I was wiping my face and taking the noddles off my head.

The whole school just laughed at my face and no one even helped me, not even Beau.

Maybe I'm just born to be laughed at. The bell rang but I didn't dare go to class not since what happened.

I went to the stall in my knees staring at the toilet bowl. I have to do this.

I put my fingers down my throat as I was gagging. Slowly I puked my whole lunch as it was in the toilet. I wiped my mouth wiping my tears that were pouring down my face flushing down the toilet.

I got out rinsing my mouth and putting in a piece of gum. I looked myself in the mirror and out on that fake smile.

I walked out as the bell had run meaning it was after school.

"Ella!" I heard someone call after me but I kept walking.

"Ella!" I heard it come closer.

But I kept walking.

I felt someone grab my wrist as I stopped and turned around and faced him.

"What?" I spat.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine James thanks for helping me buddy." I said putting emphasis in buddy.

"I didn't know what to do." He said frowning.

"Whatever, just forget about it okay?" I said and he didn't look to sure.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Yeah yeah what ever just go back to your friends." I said loosing the grip from him as I walked away.

I was walking my way back to my house which was probably a 20 minute walk.

I saw a car slowing down beside me.

"Ella." He called as I stopped walking seeing who was calling.

I looked at it was Beau.

"What?" I asked him.

"Let me drop you home." He insisted but I refused.

"Just come on, I'll drop you." He said and I finally gave in and sat in the passenger seat noticing Luke and Jai weren't in the car.

The car ride was silent as all you could hear was the engine running.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, can we forget about it." I told him honestly or I might start crying, and the last thing I want is him seeing me cry. I would probably look like a walrus as Jai would've said.

"I'm sorry I would've done something I just didn't know what to do." He said feeling guilty.

"There was nothing you could of done. I get it you are the popular basketball player and I'm the fat nerd who is a nobody. I know you don't want to be seen with me so I'll finish the rest of the project and just put your name on it." I said hopping out the car because my house was here.

He came out of the car as well.

"No Ella that's not what I meant. You aren't a nobody you are a somebody okay? And I'm not using you, you are a sweet girl Ella and I like hanging out with you. I'm finishing this project with you and we will still be friends after it." He told me as I looked at him and smiled.

"Friends?" I questioned.

"Yes friends, you are my friend Ella." He said and I smiled at him which he returned.

"Thanks Beau." I said as I went inside.