Chapter 25

It's Friday today and I'm getting ready for James funeral. I prepared a speech because Ms.Yammouni wanted me to do one and I wanted to as well.

Beau and I haven't even spoken after that day and I honestly can even face him knowing I told him I loved him and I still do I miss him. Today was the day I needed him the most and I'm hoping he at least shows up.

Someone knocked on my door as Matthew came smiling at me.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"Alright let's go." He said as he linked hands with me as I made sure I grabbed the speech.

*

The car ride was silent but now we are here as all his family and friends are here but I can't seem to find Beau anywhere. I guess I had my hopes up for nothing.

I sat down next to Mister and Misses Yanmouni as she was crying so I was there to comfort her.

It was my turn to make my speech as I got up standing and looking around noticing Luke and Jai at the back but no Beau. I gave them a little smile as I coughed opening the paper but then put it back.

I looked up giving a warm smile before I start crying.

"James was my friend that I could never forget about, he was there with me since the start. We weren't that close as you probably think we were but we had a relationship I can't really describe. We were there for each other even though if the other person wanted to be alone. The last words James told me was that he loved me and also he thanked me. I would never forget what he told me that day and remember it always and forever in my heart. James if you are here I miss you and wanted to let you know that your family and me would never forget about you. I love you my friend, rest in peace." I said as I was biting down on my bottom lip trying not to cry.

I couldn't help it but I started crying again.

"I'm sorry." I said as I walked down going to Jai and Luke as I hugged Jai as he hugged me back tightly.

"You did amazing El." He said and I began crying more. Beau used to call me El.

I just cried in his chest as he was holding me tight kissing the top of my head every few minutes.

"Shh, it's okay." He said.

****

The funeral was over as everyone left and I was sitting down away from everyone in Jai's lap as he was playing with my hair. While Luke left with my brother.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Is Beau mad at me?" I asked him.

"Of course not! He was just in a kissed off mood cause we never lost a game and his girl friend was cheating on him. He just took his anger out on you he didn't mean anything." He said.

"Just talk to him Ella." Jai said.

I shook my head.

"I can't I told him I loved him." I said almost in a whisper.

"He didn't tell me anything about that." Jai said.

"He hates me..." I said.

"No he doesn't! He still love you as his best friend Ella. He never had a friend like you who he could open up to or who could make him smile. I've never seen him so happy before but when he's with you he's happy." Jai said.

"He makes me happy too, but I'm scared to talk to him again." I said.

"Why don't you come over and just stay with me and if you see him you could decide if you want to talk to him okay?" Jai said and I thought about it but then agreed.

We got up as we walked to the Brooks house which wasn't far from here.

We got in and I sat down on Jai's bed as I said hello to Gina and came here. Luke was here as well as Jai was also.

It was pretty awkward because I had to pass Beau's room which was shut as he was in there.

"Did you talk to Beau?" Luke asked me and I shook my head.

"So on Monday you are going to be coming back to school right?" Luke asked.

"Are you going to watch our championship game on that day?" He asked me.

"Yea obviously, even though Beau and I aren't talking doesn't mean I can't still watch my other friends basketball game." I ruffled their hair as they yelled at me fixing it. Jai gets really mad when I mess up his hair so it's funny seeing his reaction.

"You and Beau will make up you guys are like a fucking magnet." Luke joked as I laughed but frowned getting memories of Beau and I.

The door opened as Beau came in with his messy hair as he was about to say something to the boys but noticed me here.

Him and I were just staring deep into each other's eyes as if we were having a staring contest.

I can't stop loving him, I just want him to not be mad at me.

I couldn't help but start crying again as I got up from Jai's bed.

"I'm sorry." I told Jai and Luke as I ran past Beau and back outside. As I walked outside their house I stopped just breaking out crying.

I miss him and love him and I can't do anything about it. He yelled and me as I yelled at him and I can't do anything about it. I need him.

I wiped my tears looking at their house again seeing Beau looking at me through the window but turned around as he saw me looking at him. I frowned as I began walking home.

I hate this.