fourteen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Sana, Irene, and Lisa were at the mall. Homecoming was coming up rather soon, and the girls decided to try to shop for dresses.

"What do you think about this one?" Irene asked as she held up a navy blue dress.

"Love it," Lisa said as she glanced at the dress before going back to searching through the racks.

"Who are you guys going with?" Sana spoke up.

"Jimin."

"I don't know."

Sana and Irene shared a look before Isabella spoke up. "Well, are you going to go with us? Jimin can always come with."

Lisa was silent for a few seconds. Then she answered, "I think Jimin wanted me to go with his friends . . ."

"What?" Sana questioned her. "You're going with Chaeyoung?"

"No, but . . . well I mean . . . I guess so," Lisa admitted to the girls.

Sana let out a scoff. Irene made her way next to the girl and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Fine, Lisa. Do what you want. But just know who you're real friends are," Sana said as she turned around and started walking away. Irene gave her a sad smile before chasing after her friend.

Lisa heaved a sigh and pulled out her phone, getting a different ride.

••••

"You should've seen how she looked at me," Lisa said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You know she didn't mean it, Lis. She was probably just upset," Jimin said as he looked over at his girlfriend.

They were both sitting in the mall parking lot in his car—after Sana and Irene had walked off, Lisa had called Jimin to come pick her up.

"I know, but . . . they're my best friends," Lisa whimpered.

Jimin put a hand on Lisa's cheek and gently turned her face toward his. "Everything is going to be okay. We can ride in the limo with Chae and everyone, then we can join up with your friends. There everyone will be happy," he said softly.

Lisa slowly nodded her head. "You're—you're totally right. I shouldn't be," she threw her hands up dramatically, "making such a huge deal out of this. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry."

•••

Jennie and Jisoo sat the the booth in the local café. Chaeyoung hadn't been able to make it, and the girls were in need of some coffee.

"Don't you think Chae's gone insane?" Jisoo said quietly, leaning over the table.

Jennie twirled the straw in her cup. "I don't know. She's always a little . . ."

"Yeah, I guess. But especially every since Lisa moved here. She's been . . . psycho."

"She's just upset because Jimin's dating her," Jennie said in an obvious tone.

"Well, yeah. But why? Chaeyoung's dating Jungkook, right?" Jisoo questioned.

"Who knows, honestly. She might be into Jimin now. You know how she is."

The girls shared a laugh. Jennie—sitting facing the door—looked up as someone walked in.

Jungkook.

"Speak of the devil," Jennie whispered under her breath.

Jisoo's eyes went wide. "She's here?"

A small smirk played on Jennie's lips. "No. But her pet is."

Jisoo subtly turned around and saw Jungkook walk up to the line, she slowly smiled.

"Watch this," Jennie said, getting up.

Jisoo watched as the other girl made her way up to Jungkook. She saw her say something that she couldn't quite make out before the boy's eyes changed.

Jisoo was amazing at reading people, and what she saw in his eyes wasn't shock—no, it was relief.