Blind Faith

DISCLAIMER: ANY AND ALL HATEFUL/NEGATIVE COMMENTS WILL BE IGNORED AND PROMPTLY REMOVED. THIS IS A SAFE SPACE.

word count: 6,876

warnings: smut & language

description: Reader's low self-esteem leads them to try and spice things up a little but it doesn't go to plan; "Loving you was J's religion, and he worshipped your body with the utmost reverence."

divider created by firefly-graphics on Tumblr. 

You weren't the kind of girl who liked to flaunt what you had been given, so to speak

You weren't the kind of girl who liked to flaunt what you had been given, so to speak. The most revealing outfit in your wardrobe was shorts and a t-shirt with the occasional tank-top included if it was particularly hot one day. There wasn't much in your fashion repertoire that J hadn't seen before.

You were aware that it was commonplace for girls to dress up in order to please their partners, but you didn't like to follow the crowd. You selected outfits based on their comfort level alone. An occasional twinge of guilt left you wondering if perhaps you should change things up once in a while, even if it was just for J's benefit, but you doubted your clown would even notice. Wearing a fancy outfit did nothing for him. Where J was concerned, you looked better with absolutely nothingcovering your body. That was what J liked best and, in a way, so did you. You didn't have to try so hard to please him. He wasn't going to turn his nose up if you didn't wear short dresses, tight skirts or any other form-fitting clothing for him. The clothes weren't as important to him as what was inside of them.

J cared not for the trivial, cosmetic trends that shaped human culture and he didn't have the faintest idea why so many did. Why would he give a damn what you were wearing when youwere the object of interest? J let you wear whatever your heart desired. Much of the time, your clothing just ended up on the floor anyway so none of it really mattered.

Even still, as much as you tried not to let it get to you, you couldn't help but want to do something to surprise J even if it was something small. You didn't know why you couldn't get the idea out of your head. You knew J didn't care and you mostly didn't either, but the idea of it was almost too good to pass up.

J had been gone all day which provided an ample amount of time for you to decide what you were going to do. You didn't own anything whatsoever that would get the kind of reaction you were hoping for, but you were determined. That little part of your brain that was responsible for all your worries and concerns was taking the reins. What if J didn't think you were pretty enough if you didn't show off for him? Wouldn't it show him how much you cared if you were to just put in a little more effort? You didn't want to be selfish. You had to think about the other person who, in this case, didn't have a problem being selfish from time to time. However selfish he might have been, he never made you feel guilty for dressing the way you did. He might've liked to see a bit more of you or approved of a shorter pair of shorts, but he wasn't picky. You were attractive to him with or without clothes, J just preferred you without.