°eighteen°

The second set started with Russia serving. As the ball reached their side of the court, Maiko looked back to see who received it. But instead she heard the ball hit the ground.

The look on Ebisu's face confirmed that the serve wasn't a normal one.

"The ball curved on its path!" She said still in shock.

"Leave it to me," Shintaku said.

It was time to serve again. This time Maiko had her eyes glued to the ball and sure enough, as Shintaku went to receive the ball, it curved, almost perpendicularly. Shintaku, thankfully was successful in receiving it. Ebisu passed it to Fujioka and she spiked it through the two-person block.

It was Nana's turn to serve.

"Nice serve!" Maiko yelled.

She served and the setter received it. Instead passing the ball, the middle blocker spiked it. Fujioka tried to receive it but it went outside.

"Seriously, fuck them," Nana muttered, "So fucking annoying,"

....

The score was 24-24: deuce. It was Maiko's turn to serve again and she scored two no-touch aces, making Japan win the second set.

"Okay listen up!" Majioka called everyone, "At first I thought they had something genius up their sleeves. But now I know they're just trying to annoy us. So why don't we do the same?"

"How?"

"Provoke them. Laugh at them when they lose a point. Yawn. Curse at them in Japanese they won't understand shit,"

"Ooo this is going to be fun!" Fujioka smirked.

So the third set started with Japan serving. Majioka served, which hit the net but it fell on Russia's side. Maiko and Nana at the net showed their tongues at the libero who tried to dig the ball. They looked back at Majioka who winked at them.

The provoking game was really fun to play. Everytime Russia scored they yelled "Lucky!" At them. Evey time Japan scored they teased their rivals. The Russians tried to get the referee to shut the Japanese but the referee just shook his head side to side.

Annoyed was an understatement for the Russian team.

The score was 18-19, Japan in the lead. They could already smell the victory. The Japanese provoking the Russians had also degraded the Russian team's performance. It was Nyoko's turn to serve. She served and the Russian libero received it.

As their spiker was about to spike, our three blockers at the net: Maiko, Nana and Majioka jumped to block it.

But something very peculiar happened.

The spiker had almost completely missed the perfect toss by the setter.

But her hand still swung.

And hit Maiko on the head.

Causing her to pass out mid air and fall to the ground.

Nana and Nyoko were ENRAGED immediately yelling at the culprit. Majioka and Shintaku went to the referee who saw it close up. She was given a red card amd the crowd boo-ed at her.

Maiko was rushed to the emergency room and she was substituted and the match carried on.