°twenty-three°

For the next month, Maiko and I spent half of our free time in the police station then the court room. The process was incredibly exhausting: Physically and mentally. Especially for Maiko. The court battle was exhausting on it's own.

Maiko's worst fear came true.

The media painted Maiko as this evil daughter, totally forgetting the stalker part of the case. Thankfully, Maiko had acquired quite the fanbase to defend her.

But it obviously wasn't enough.

The bright and bubbly Maiko I knew, was gone. She slept most of the time, missed multiple of her classes. We sent an email for all of this, so they didn't say much. But I truly felt sad for what she was going through. She deserved so much more than being like this.

It was the final day. The verdict would be out today. Maiko fiddled with her fingers before I held them, squeezing them. She looked up at me with a weak smile. I kissed her forehead.

Her mother entered with handcuffs, as she always did. The lawyers gave their final arguments and the court patiently waited for the verdict.

Guilty.

But she was said to be kept in a mental institution for 6 months and was banned to meet Maiko for the rest of her life.  A restriction order.

As soon as the judge was done announcing, Maiko's mother glared at Maiko who clenched at my blazer tightly. She was taken away and we left the court room after the judge left. We were swarmed by media but thankfully, Kuroo-kun and Yaku-kun were there along with Adachi-chan and Watanabe-chan who protected Maiko as we somehow made it to the taxis that took us home.

I served water to everyone as we sat in silence for a while.

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about her now," Watanabe-chan said shrugging her shoulders.

Maiko pursed her lips, "Yeah. I'll have Taisuke move back to Miyagi. He loved it there. He still has two years of high school ahead of him. Let's just hope the media shuts the fuck up about this," she sighed at the end.

"Lunch?" She asked.

...

All of them left in the evening. It was good having them over, Maiko seemed to have forgotten about the whole ordeal for a while. I was washing the dishes when she stood next to me.

"Hey, uh Toshi..."

I hummed.

"Ive wanted to tell you this for a while..."

"Yeah go on,"

"I got an offer to play.... outside of Japan,"