°twenty-nine°

(heads up next chpt is going to be the last one)

It was time of the opening ceremony and maiko could feel her heart beating in her head. the crowd roared as the brazilian athletes enter the arena. japan still had time but time was moving way too slow for maiko. each second felt like an hour.

wakatoshi noticed this and made his way through to see whats up with maiko. he held her hand and squeezed it. she looked at him, worry in her eyes as she sighed, her breath shaking. wakatoshi was kind of taken aback seeing maiko like this. it was just the opening ceremony and not the actual match. he couldn’t understand what could have caused such a reaction in maiko but nevertheless, he patted her back, keeping pda to the minimum (is this even pda?).

then japan was announced. wakatoshi squeezed maiko’s hand one last time before jogging back to his place and they entered the arena. they looked to the left where all the spectators where and they had to wave. maiko was enthralled seeing so many people excited for japan. the number of japanese flags she saw shocked her. euphoria filled her as she took in the scene in front of her. and the matches hadn’t even started.

they stood for the brazilian national anthem and then were seated to view a few of the opening acts. maiko sat next to wakatoshi.

“toshi it was…..oh my god it was amazing! i cannot wait to play!”

maiko just couldn’t stop talking. and wakatoshi just did not want her to stop.

“shit i love her,” he thought

the ceremony was finally over and everyone headed back to their hotel and got a good nights sleep.

the volleyball matches started after a week from the opening ceremony. japan’s women’s had its first qualifier match with iraq. i mean the team is pretty strong so they won obviously.

“kobayashi,” it was majioka.

“senpai,” maiko replied in a dry tone.

“hey i uh…i wanted to apologize? for basically being a bitch to you the previous time we played together. the asia cup? yeah, i was just jealous because you seem so great at volleyball so effortlessly and i worked my butt off-“

“majioka-senpai. its okay. i mean, i kinda feel the same about the newbie too. but all of us worked our butt off to be here. i wont lie, i didn’t like you back then. but now that you’ve apologized, i can let you off the hook,”

“i am your senpai! what ‘let you off the hook’ are you talking about?” majioka joked as she nudged maiko.

maiko felt better. ever since she left for india and came back, she feels things are getting better compared to what it was before. she just hoped everything with the olympics went well too.

the semi-finals.

japan had made it to the semi-finals.

they were playing against brazil. it was stressful.

set 2

brazil won the first set.

and now it was maiko’s turn to serve.

still as killer, if not more than it was.