chapter 2

I unlock the front door , still breathing heavily after my morning run .
I go to the kitchen where I see my mum having breakfast.

"Morning mum." I smile as I go over to the fridge to get the carton of milk .

"Morning Anna."she returns my smile with a forced one.

I open the milk and take a large chug from the carton and I sigh in relief .

"You know it's bad manners to drink from the carton." she scowled

"Geez mum don't scold me ,
What am I ? Five? " I laugh

"You know your dad won't allow that." she smiles then frowns immediately, realizing she just mentioned dad and he wasn't here . I watched as tears filled her eyes and my heart ached .

"I promise to do something mum, dad is still alive and I promise to keep it that way ." I hug her comfortingly .

******

I was staring blankly at the ceiling when I heard my phone ring . I reach for it on my nightstand and check the caller ID . It's layla.

"Gigi I have good news ." she sounded happy which filled me with a surge of hope .

"So what's the news?" I ask

"Cassio was able to get you a meeting with Mr saverio, he's amazing right ?" she gushes and I roll my eyes, knowing she can't see me.

"Thanks lay, that's great news." I smile

"I know right? I'm so happy."

"When is the meeting ?" I ask

"Oh right, so there's this fundraiser for conservation of metropolitan frogs..."she begins

"Huh ? What's a man like Mr saverio doing with metropolitan frogs?" I ask confused.

I hear layla laugh .

"right, about that , it's just a cover for Mr saviero to do some illegal dealings and host meetings with his soldiers and under bosses, Cassio was able to get him to spare you sometime to meet with him. so you go in there with your head held high and strike the fucking deal." She explains making it sound like it was piece of cake.

We both fall silent, listening to each other's breathing, which was oddly comforting .

"Gigi?" she calls

"Hmmmm?" I answer

"What deal do you plan on striking exactly?" she asks

"I plan on asking for sometime to prove my father's innocence in exchange of whatever he wants in return."

"God Gigi" she groans

"Think Gigi, think about what he'll want in return, think about what he'll do if you're not able to fulfil your end of the bargain , think about your mum and everyone else who cares for you " I could almost see her frowning.

"At this point lay, I can't think about anything that is not proving my dad's innocence." I sigh

I could hear her sigh too .

"Okay I understand Gigi, by the way I told Oliver to come over." she says

"Oh that's right I was going to call him." I lie

"Bye Gigi" she hangs up .

Oliver is my boyfriend from college , he's the only person I know that has nothing to do with the mafia and I'm so grateful for that.
I hear the doorbell ring . that must be oliver.
I go down and open the door to a grinning oliver which made me smile .

"Olly." I smile.

"Hey baby" he pulls me in for a quick peck on the lips.

"Come on in" I step aside .

He places two paper bags on the table that I hadn't noticed him carrying at the door .

"I brought food. "he gave a shy grin , itching the back of his head .

"Thanks olly" I smile.

Oliver serves the food and we talk and laugh over dinner.
We were talking about a job he applied for when I noticed his stare.

"Why you staring at me like that olly?" I ask.

He sighs as he drops his fork.
"Talk to me baby" he pleads.

"I...I'm talking" I sounded confused but I knew exactly what he meant .

"You know what I mean" he frowns

"Look olly, you're the only person in my life that is not associated with the mafia and I plan to keep it that way okay?" I plead.

"What can I do baby?" he says with concern etched in his voice.

I move over and press my lips on his.

"You can do this" I whisper.

He grins and presses his lips on mine , in a slow kiss ......

******
Authors note:
Isn't olly the cutest? 😘
Thanks for your votes in the previous chapter guys.
Remember to in this chapter , okay?
And please don't forget i love you guys❤