chapter 6

We finish the main course in silence and the waiter brings dessert immediately.
He sure doesn't want to upset his boss again . I chuckle.

"Care to share what's amusing you?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

I take a fork from my tiramisu, savouring the the taste .

"the food here is good." I compliment.

"I'll make sure to tell the chef you said so." he smiles pleasantly.

Then a sudden thought popped into my mind, was he going to keep his end of the bargain? How am I to trust him when he kills people for a living . how much honor does a mobster have anyways,like they say no honor amongst thieves.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I ask
He straightens in his sit.

"Whether you trust me or not is no concern of mine Gianna. he says indifferently. Then frowns, like something unpleasant crossed his mind .

"But you have my word, and I never break my word."

"Perhaps, you would like to see him?" He asks.

"My father?"

"yes Gianna, your father." he confirms.

"I'd rather not." I shake my head.

"Now what kind of daughter would that make you?" he asks.

"One that doesn't want to see her dad suffering?" I snap.

"I want you to see him."

"And I said I'd rather not."

"Well,you are going to see him either ways."

"Why?" I whisper.

"Because I want you to."

"Why bother asking." I say under my breath.

I don't want any unnecessary pressure, and seeing my dad suffer is very likely to pressurize me.
What if dad has something to say to me? 
Besides, I want him to see that mum and I are okay so he won't worry.
I look down at my plate of tiramisu, I just had a fork left to finish. but I don't mind having another plate, it tastes so good. I look at his untouched plate longingly.

"Would you like mine?" He asks when he notices my stare .

"No thank you." I take the last piece of tiramisu and drop my fork.

"Then we are done here." he stands and offers his hand to me.
I take it and pick up my clutch.

The chauffeur opens the door to the car for us and I settle against the leather as Mr saverio joins me.
It feels so odd being in an enclosed space with him. The proximity made desire  course through my veins and my breathing became uneven . I'm sure my erratic breathing must be audible. I gaze down at my fingers, twiddling my thumbs out of habit. I notice a hint of smile on his lips.

Asshole.

A cell phone rings and I know it's not mine because I didn't bring it.

"Speak" he commands whoever he was speaking to, his smile gone.

"Si." (yes)  he nods.

"The fuck did you just say?" he barks causing me to flinch. He places his hand on my thigh and gave it a light squeeze, like an unsaid apology.

I pity whoever he's talking to, the person must be scared shitless .

"Call Matteo and Marco to access the feed. You, ship the arms to Carrillo Fernandez tonight. the shipment must take place tonight." he hangs up .

"Fuck" he breathes.

"Where to boss?" The chauffeur asks.

"Torrent sails." he answers and presses a button which brings down the divider.

Now we are truly alone.

"Torrent sails?" I ask.

he ignores me then takes a cigar from his pocket and a lighter from the other. Placing the cigar in his mouth he lights it and puffs lazily at it.

"Torrent sails?" I ask again .

"You'd sound better with your mouth closed." he snaps, taking a long drag from his cigar, then pulls it from his mouth to blow smoke to the side .

The phone call must have been really upsetting . I wonder what happened  to get him in such a foul mood. I know nothing about him aside from what people pose him to be, 'the scary and ruthless, boss'.

The car comes to a stop and neither of us gets down. Mr saverio, smokes the entire cigar then snaps his gaze to mine.

"Get down." he orders and I do so immediately. He looked really mad.

He joins me and we stand in front of what looks like a warehouse with torrent sails written on it.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"To see your father" he says as he opens the double doors.

"And I said I don't want to." I snap.

He ignores me and pushes the door open .

"Follow me." he starts walking down the hallway

"And if I don't?" I challenge.

He turns around and narrows his eyes as he advances towards me, causing me to back up against the wall.  I tremble a little and part my lips to get more air.
He was so close, I could feel his breath fanning my cheek.
He brings his lips close to my ear, and whispers
"you will. one way or the other."

"You don't even have a gun." I scoff.

I knew he didn't because I heard he doesn't like to carry a gun on him, for the purpose of being civil.  

"Do you think I need a gun to get you to do what I want?" he says, his lips grazing my ear.
I lick my lips, and his eyes follows the movement and they darken.
I was scared shitless of what he could  do to me .

"I... I don't know." I admit.

"Then I suggest you don't test the theory." he  steps away and resumes walking down the hallway with me following behind .
He comes to an abrupt stop in front of an iron door causing me to bump into his back. He turns to me, locking his intense gaze with mine.

"When you get in there, you beg your dad to tell you who he still has on the outside doing his dirty work." he says.

"My dad's not the traitor." I whisper harshly.

"You do what I say, if you don't want to see daddy dearest die." he warns, then fishes for a card in his pocket and swipes it on the door. the door makes a click sound and he pushes it open, revealing a dark room with a fetid smell.

He switches on the light and I gasp at the sight in front of me : my dad, head bowed with dried blood on his clothes. His face was roughed up pretty bad and he had a shine under his eyes .

"Hello Anchise, I brought your daughter with me today, I hope you both have a nice time bonding." he says then leaves, closing the door behind him.
Dad lifts his head and looks at me, I gasp again and feel my chest tighten .

*********

Authors note:
Hey guys, I can't believe we are over a 100 reads. I'm so happy, and I just want to thank you you guys for your votes.
I love y'all❤❤
And please don't forget to stay safe.💖