chapter 7

"Dad." I breath.

I go over to him and squat in front of him.

"Dad." I whisper again with tears filling my eyes.

"Dad please say something, please." I beg.

"I know you're not the traitor dad, I know and I'm going prove it. Please be strong for me dad, I going to get you out of here okay? Please be strong, mum needs you, I need you, please stay strong." I plead but he just keeps staring at me, saying nothing.

"Dad please." I cry and put my head on his thighs.

"It's me dad." I sob.
"it's your Anna."

"A...Anna." he voices out in pain.

"Dad!"  I look up, meeting his hazel eyes.

"I'm here daddy." I sniff, wiping my tears.

"Hope.... You are we...well?" he asks with a groan.

"Yes daddy. I'm okay, mum's okay....." I sniff.
"We just miss you."

He gives a pained smile.

"I promise to get you out of here dad, I already struck a deal with Mr saverio to prove your innocence dad, I know you're not the traitor and I'll do anything to prove it." I say.

"please end whatever business you have with him, I doubt there's a way to vindicate me." he says.

"He's the only way to save you now dad, and that's exactly what I plan to do. save you." I try to convincing him.

"Forget about me Anna, in case I don't come out alive pl....."

"Don't say that dad." I cut him off,  shaking my head frantically.

"Listen to me Gianna." he tries sounding stern  mum, because they will come for you."

"Who? What do you mean daddy?" I ask.

"The traitors are closer than you think and the moment you have any involvement with Mr Saverio they will come for you too." he explains.

"I think it's too late dad." I whisper.

"I've already struck the deal and I'm not going back on it, I will get you out of here no matter the cost."

"Why did Mr Saverio allow you to see me?" he asks.

"He wanted me to ask you who you've got on the outside still doing your dirty work but I won't because I know you're not the traitor and you've got no one besides mum and I." I explain.

"Why do they think you're the traitor daddy?" I ask.

"The information that was leaked was traced to our house." he says.

"What information?"

"The shipment of arms to a Mexican drug lord and some other vital information." he says.

Shipments? I remember his call earlier saying the shipment must take place tonight to a certain Carrillo Fernandez.

"But the shipment is to take place tonight." I ask, confused.

"The shipmen......." he was cut off by the sound of the door.

"I'm afraid bonding time is over." Mr saverio says. His tall, wide -shouldered frame looms the doorway.

"I love you daddy." I whisper.

I stand and wipe tears, walking over to Mr saverio.

"Thank you for your time, I'd like to go home now." I say, my voice coming out hoarse from crying.