chapter 8

I place the last piece of clothing in my suitcase, zip it up and sigh in relief.
I'm moving into the Saverio mansion tomorrow which is a Wednesday.

''Do you really have to move in with him. '' Oliver whines for the umpteenth time.

'' Yes I do olly. '' I reply.

'' I'm really going to miss you Gigi. '' He says sadly.

'' You can come visit anytime baby. '' I try placating him.

'' Yeah right. '' he says, sarcasm evident in his tone.
'' like I can just waltz into the house of a mafia boss. '' he adds, rolling his eyes.

'' Don't make this any harder for me olly, you know I don't to go as much as you don't me to. But I have to do this for my dad. ''

'' I know Gigi, it's just that the thought of you living with another man makes me uncomfortable. '' He whines.

'' Aw olly,  you're so cute when you're jealous, but I assure you, you've got nothing to worry about , it's strictly business. '' I pacify, sitting on his lap.

'' Besides, you can come visit whenever. '' I add, placing a kiss on his nose.

''We'll Skype everyday Gigi, so don't forget to take your computer with you. '' He says

' Whatever happened to face time. ' I wonder, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

'' You'll be late for your shift olly. '' I remind him.

''Oh right, I gotta go. '' he lifts me from his lap and gathers his things.

'' Bye baby. '' he places a kiss on my lips.

'' Yeah bye.'' I wave as he leaves the room.

********

The chauffeur was here already so I grab my suitcases and head down stairs.

Mum was waiting on the porch with a frown etched on her face.
I go over to kiss her goodbye.

'' It's not too late to back out Gigi. '' she pleads.

'' I'll be fine mum, you don't have to worry so much about me, I'll be sure to visit as often as possible. '' I assure her.

'' Okay Anna, take care, I love you baby. '' she says, blinking back tears that were threatening to fall.

'' I love you too mum. '' I give her a hug.
A sob escapes her lips and I tighten my arms around her.

I break away from the hug and head towards the car, the chauffeur holds open the door for me and I get in.

    The thought of seeing him again made me nervous. I wonder  how it would be like, living in the Saverio mansion. Would I get to see him often? Would I be able to prove my fathers innocence and clear his name? I hope my mum would be okay without me. I know she'll feel a little lonely being the only one at home and all.

'' We are here miss. '' The chauffeur pulls me out of my train of thoughts.

I alight from the car and take in my surroundings.
The place looks even better during the day, if that's possible.
The white exterior all lit up like national monuments, the two story columns of the front portico looking immense.
The driveway was long and lined with trees, their branches stretching out over the pavement. A large fountain sat in the middle of the driving circle at the top of the driveway. Under water light provided illumination, changing colour every few seconds. The mansion is absolutely beautiful.