chapter 9

I head up to my room to get dressed as it was 5:30 already.

I take out a lilac satin strapless dress from my closet and place it on my bed then head over to the bathroom to shower.
I make sure to wash my hair while in the shower. I wrap a towel around myself and step out of the bathroom when I'm done.

I put on my Victoria secret underwear, then the dress next.
I apply my makeup flawlessly and a little fragrance.
I go to the mirror and stare at my reflection. I think I'm a little  overdressed, considering it's an in-house dinner. It's too late to start undressing and besides I love the way I look.

I check the time and see it's seven o'clock, so I pick up my clutch and head downstairs, to the patio.
The patio was illuminated with golden lights.

He acknowledges me and stands, taking me in slowly which makes me flustered.

'' You look stunning. '' He says as he places a kiss on my hand which leaves a tingling sensation.

'' You don't look too shabby yourself. '' I reply.

He was in a tailored three piece suit, which fits his form perfectly and his hair was styled to perfection. God! he looks so handsome tonight.

He pulls out my chair, I sit and  mutter a thank you.

'' Wine? '' He asks.

I nod, smiling politely.

He pours wine into both glasses and I take sip from mine.
Mafalda appears, and places our food on the table.

'' Pasta Con Pomodoro E Basilico. Your favourite sir. '' She smiles at him.

'' Thank you Mafalda. ''

'' Would you like anything else sir? '' she asks.

'' No that'll be all. ''  He waves her off and returns his gaze to me.

She stands there, hands on her hip, scowling.
Mr Saverio turns when he notices Mafalda's presence.

'' I said that will be all Mafalda. '' He says, a little firmer.
She scoffs and returns inside.

'What's with her?' I thought.

As if reading my thoughts, he says

'' I'm sorry about Mafalda, she's a bit....protective. ''

'' You sound like you know her a little too personally. '' I take a fork of my pasta.

'' Yes I do, she's more of a mother figure than a maid to me, she has taken care of me since I was eight. '' He explains.

Oh.

'' So Gianna, how has your stay here been? '' He asks.

'' It's okay. '' I shrug.

'' The room is nice, but I can't really say since I've been here for just a couple of hours. '' I add.

'' I'm sorry about what happened in the library. I assure you, I don't condone such behaviours. '' He apologises.

'' It's fine. ''

'' So you wanted to discuss something? '' I ask.

'' About your Father being the traitor.........'' He begins.

'' My dad is not the traitor. '' I snap, cutting him off.

'' We don't know that for sure Gianna. '' He  says calmly.

'' What made you conclude that my dad's the traitor? '' I ask.

'' The missing shipments, the Russians sabotaging our shipments on the day  of delivery, some of our information that were leaked, all these were traced to your house. How do you explain that? '' now he sounded angry.