chapter 3

I put the last hair clip on my hair and smile satisfactorily at my reflection . my raven black hair  was up in an updo, then I applied my mascara and my beige matte lipstick . I stare at my dress which was a  red fitted  knee length  dress which accentuated my curves with a slit at the side .

Today is the day. I'm finally going to meet with Lorenzo Saverio, the boss, the don , and the capo di tutti capi ( the boss of bosses).
To say I'm nervous would be an under statement but I have to do what needs to be done .

I descend the stairs and go to the kitchen to tell my mum I was leaving .

"You look so beautiful Anna." she says,   giving a small almost nonexistent smile .

"Thanks mum." I reply returning her small smile with a wide one to serve as a reassurance .

"You know, you don't have to do this." she says with worry evident in her voice.

"Yes mum, I don't have to but I must , look mum  I think we've been past this stage already. You can't talk me out of this. I've made my decision and I'm going to go through with it. It's better than doing nothing okay?" I say

"But Anna it's just..."

"Oh my God mum, I think I'm gonna be late "  I cut her off , glancing at my wrist watch.

"I'll see you later mum."  I say as I exit the kitchen and open the front door where Tomasso, our driver,  was waiting for me.

"Good evening Tomasso"  I greet,  giving  him a small smile which her returned with a large one . Typical tomasso .

He quickly opens the door of the awaiting SUV for me to get in.

I get into the car and mutter  a thank you him.
I check my watch for real this time and see I'm actually late , at least I didn't lie to mum , I smile as I pull out my phone to call layla .

"Hey Gigi, I'm here already where are you?" She asks

"I'm going to be a little late layla, what do I do? I don't want any unnecessary attention tonight"  I whine

"Well you know there are two types of late.  The good late and there's the bad late" she says and I can almost see her smiling mischievously through the phone .

"And the good one would be called ?" I ask.

"It's called fashionably late baby, never heard of it?" She mocks and I smile.
Trust layla to make the best out of a situation.

"So do I fall under the ' fashionably late' category ?" I ask making sure to emphasize the 'fashionably late'.

"Well , that depends on how  late you are, I gotta go Gigi,"she  hangs up

I really don't know how tonight is going to turn out, I hope he's not all that scary as people pose him to be.

"We are here miss."  Tomasso says,  pulling me out of my train of thoughts.

"Thank you tomasso, I'll give you a call when it's over" 
I get down from the car and take in the saverio estate.
It's so beautiful and large with nicely trimmed lawns and a  beautiful smell of nature .

'You can do this Gigi, I assure myself as I take in a deep breath. 'you can do this .'

I walk into the hall and take a glass of champagne from a waiter passing by while scanning the hall for layla.
I sip from my glass and finally spot her at the end of the hall, deep in a conversation with a group of girls.

'Talkative' I mutter to myself as I walk over to them.

"Gigi" layla squeals , beaming from ear to ear.

"Hey lay" I smile.

"Ladies, this is my friend Gianna"  she introduces  and they all respond with I snobbish hey , 'like I begged them to' I thought  with a scoff,  rolling my eyes internally.
Layla pulls me away from the group and gives  them a little wave.

"Lorenzo is going to be in a meeting tonight but cassio was able to get him to spare ten minutes of his time for you"  she grins proudly .

"Thanks lay" I force a smile .

"You know I know that smile is forced Gigi"  she frowns

"Yeah it is, I'm just nervous that's all"  I sigh.

"I know you are ,  in fact if you weren't, I'll think there's something mentally wrong with you"  she says.

"Gee thanks for the assurance lay" I roll my eyes as she laughs.

"Nah don't mention, it comes naturally." she smiles as I scoff.

"You still love me don't you?"  She teases still laughing and I just can't help but join in .

We walk through the hall together as she introduces  me to new people who occasionally gives me the pitiful look while some gives me the  signature ' traitor's daughter'  look.
Now I've come to the conclusion that men are gossips. Like seriously, I thought these meetings with the boss are meant to be secretive or sealed with a code of silence or something ? My subconscious snorts, ' yeah right , so much for the code of silence'. Why won't there be a rat?
We were at the middle of the hall when cassio walks up to us.

"Hey Gianna." he greets as he places a kiss at either side of my cheeks.

"Hello cassio" I smile.

"Lorenzo will see you in his study now before his meeting with the under bosses."

"Thanks cassio, I won't forget this" I give him a small smile and look at layla.

She mouths a 'good luck' to me as I walked away.
Now the question is, where is the study? I huff as I scann the hallways for what looks like a study .
All doors are the same, I let out  a frustrated groan. I was scanning the hallways when bump into someone which causes my drink to spill all over his suit.

"I'm so sorry " I apologize trying to clean the drink from his tux jacket which I knew was an  obviously a waste of time but did it nevertheless because that's what every body does.

"It's fine."  he says , giving me a boyish grin.

"Umm ... I'm looking for Mr. Saverio's study."  I ask.

"Straight to the chase I see, you're making me think you bumped into me on purpose just so you could ask me for his study."  he gives me a knowing smile .

"No I didn't , that was a genuine  accident." I smile and we both fall quiet.

"I'm Gianna." I introduce stretching out my hand for a handshake.

"I'm Luca" he says as he takes my hand and brings it to his lips .

"So... Mr saverio's study? " I ask, a little impatiently . He gives me a questioning look  which I return with a sheepish smile.

"Oh right, this way" he takes my hand and leads me further through the hallway then stops in front of two large wooden doors. He knocks  then pulls the handles and pushes the door open simultaneously.

**********

Authors note:
So , she finally gets to meet with the almighty boss.
What do you guys think he's going to be like?
Would he strike the deal or refuse her?
We can only know in the next chapter.
Please don't forget to vote and leave your comments.
Thank you so much.
I love you guys❤❤