chapter 4

His head was down and the fedora he wore was tipped low enough to cover his eyes. What I could see of him was enough. his shoulders were broad , and his body was built sturdy .

As he wrote something down,  I could see the veins in  his hands working .  I could see the squared jawline, rugged and prickled with five o'clock shade. He didn't say anything , didn't look up ,he just continued what he was doing. Luca moves further into the room and whispers something into his ear and his hand stops moving.
He places the pen down gently and finally looks up. My breath hitches .

He had a set of deep brown eyes which were void of any emotion with surprisingly long lashes which seemed out of place with his otherwise stone cold gaze which were on me.
I try not to squirm under his scrutiny.

"Leave us." he commands and I hear the door close behind me. I could hear the clock ticking in the background .

"Drink?" he asks.

"Please." I  give him a tight smile .
I could definitely use some alcohol courage  to go through this meeting.

He walks over  to a cabinet and brings two glasses and a bottle of whiskey. He pours the amber liquid into both glasses and offers one to me.
I take it, and mutter a small thanks .

"Have a seat."  he gestures to the chair in front of his desk.
I sit down and take a sip from my glass.

"You have a lovely office." I say as I look around in approval.

"Thank you."

I didn't know where to begin , my body was raking with nerves and I start twiddling with my thumbs .

"I'm Gianna falco." I introduce as I take in a deep breath.

"What can I do for you Gianna?" his voice was warm , possibly amused  but it's difficult to tell from his impassive expression .

"I'm the daughter of Anchise falco , who you accused of being a traitor and taken prisoner,I have come to strike a deal with you." I say, feigning bravado, which I knew I was lacking at the moment.

"I'm all ears." he looks mildly interested but above all, surprisingly polite .

"My father is not the traitor ." I say confidently.

His lips twitched in amusement as he looks down at his glass and brings it to his lips .

"Well, I'm glad you find me amusing  Mr saverio."  I snap

"Pardon?" he snaps his gaze to mine and  his brows furrow . I swallow the lump in my throat.

His gaze trails down to the low cut of my dress and I feel goosebumps prickle my skin.

"I intend on striking a deal." I say, not having the courage to repeat my earlier statement.

"I'm listening Gianna." my name rolls off his tongue like it was made for his calling alone .

"I know my father is not the traitor but I need some time to prove it." I plead.

"It's called a deal for a reason Gianna, what do I get out from sparing you some time to prove your father's innocence?" he raises a questioning eyebrow.

"I don't know" I shrug
"You pick what you want in return." I say.

His eyebrows shoots up in surprise as his lips twitches  trying to suppress a smile.
He takes a sip from His glass and watches  me in silence. Occasionally he would take a sip, till he drained the glass and poured himself another.

I fight to keep my gaze on him and not study the room or twiddle with my thumbs . The silence was deafening. he drains the entire glass again and drops his glass with a sigh.

"Okay Gianna, it's a pretty fine deal but I'm due for my next meeting." he says as he looks at the silver wrist watch on his wrist .

"What do you want in return ?" I ask, breathless.

"I'll think about it Gianna, I need you to leave now  I'm due for another meeting." he stands and stretches out his hand for a handshake . I stand and accept it but instead of a handshake, he brings my hand to his lips and immediately, I feel an odd exhilarating shiver run through me .

"I'll get back you Gianna" he   straightens his jacket.

"Thank you Mr saverio." I give him a tight smile and walk out of the office cautiously, knowing he was watching my every move.

***********

Authors note:
Hey guys, new chapter dropped.
Sorry for the late update.
Don't forget to leave your votes and comments, I really them guys.
And please never forget that i love you guys so much.❤❤❤