chapter 5

It's been a week . A week since the meeting with Mr saverio and I've not heard a word from him.

For some odd reasons, I've not been able to get my mind off him and I cannot fathom why .
Is it his looks? His civility ? Wealth ? Power ? or the danger  that radiates off him. It's probably the fact that he has my dad, in fact it has to be . I can't let myself have any thought about him that doesn't deal with my dad, and besides I already have a boyfriend and he's the sweetest. so I have to banish all ungodly thoughts about him.

Okay, so he's very attractive , confident, and commanding but on the flip side, he's arrogant and for all his impeccable manners he's autocratic and cold .

I am pulled out of my train of thoughts when I  hear my mum talking to someone at the door .

'who could that be' I thought .

well it'll do no harm to find out so I go down to check .

"Is Gianna falco in?" asks a masculine voice.

"Yes I am." I say before my mum could speak.

"I'm here under the orders of Mr saverio."  he says.

'Finally'  I thought to myself.

"Okay?" I urge him on.

"He has required your presence for dinner and has asked that you  wear what's in this bag." he  hands over  a white designer bag.

"Oh thank you , you'd do well to exercise a little patience so I can get ready." I smile politely .

I go up to my room and take the dress out of the bag. It is a silver satin, thin strapped floor length dress with a low  cut v-neck.

The dress looks so expensive and gorgeous, I was almost afraid to put it on .

'It's just a dress Gianna' I thought with a sigh.

I put on the dress, quickly apply my makeup, and finish the look with the silver stilettos that came with the dress .

I went down and saw the chauffeur still standing at the porch.

"Gianna what's going on?" my mum asks with worry etched in her voice.

"It's okay mum, I'll be back." I give a reassuring smile .

"I'm ready" I say loud enough for him to hear.

"Okay miss." he nods, then opens the back door of the sleek car for me to get in.

I settle back against the soft leather of the seat, willing myself to calm down and enjoy the drive .

The chauffeur pulls up to the curb of what looks like a five point restaurant.
He gets down and swings the door open, just enough for me to get down.
I run a palm down both sides of my dress to smooth out any bunching as I take in a deep breath. seeing him again gives me this feel I can't place my hand on. For some reasons I find myself eager to him.

"What's your reservation ?" a waiter asks us the moment we enter the restaurant.

"Mr saverio." the chauffeur says and I see the waiters face go slack then nervous .

"Oh ri..right, th.. this way please."  he stammers.

'Is this how much fear his name puts in people ?' I thought.

We were led up to a private and exclusive part of the restaurant, where I see him, seated calmly like owns the place .
He stands, when he sees me coming towards him.

"I see you spent a lot on this dress." I say.

His eyes rakes up and down my body, and lingers his gaze on the low-cut of my dress then he smiles appreciatively.
My breath gets cut up in my throat and I feel Like my temperature instantly rose two degrees.