Chapter 1: First Encounter

Sabriye and the gang were training at the arena and, unsurprisingly for them, Sabriye's abilities surpassed them all. At least, they made a bit of progress. Suddenly, it seemed like Sabriye had some bad luck that day as a portal appeared right then and there.

Sabriye was about to get sucked in when Boboiboy grabbed her arm and attempted to pull her away from the portal, along with the rest of the gang. However, all attempts were futile and she got sucked into the portal in the end. The gang started panicking and contacted Admiral Tarung and Commander Kokoci to inform them of the situation.

After the quick report, they were summoned at the main wing to try and locate Sabriye. The only thought they had was, 'Please be safe, Sabriye.' Meanwhile, Sabriye fell out of the portal but was able to land on the ground gracefully, unlike last time. She scanned her surroundings and realised where she was.

'MATA safehouse,' Sabriye pondered but was snapped out of her trance when the intruder alert system went off. "Oh great!" Sabriye muttered under her breath and heard loud footsteps coming closer to her direction that sounded like running.

Sabriye immediately hid behind a wall and allowed the owners of the footsteps to pass by, only to realise that they were Agent Ali and Bakar. After the door that lead to the usual meeting closed, Sabriye trailed behind silently and pressed her ear onto the door to eavesdrop on the meeting.

Then, came a voice she recognised - General Rama. "There's an intruder who infiltrated the safehouse. Whoever it is, find them and bring them back here for interrogation. Is that understood?" Sabriye then heard multiple voices inside, responding in unison, "Understood, General!"

That was when she saw it coming, "Act immediately!" When Sabriye heard footsteps coming towards the door, she used Substitute to move out of the way, unnoticed and let Ali, Bakar and Alicia walk out in search of the 'intruder'.

Ali started a conversation with some seriousness by asking, "Where should we look?" Before Bakar could answer, Sabriye coughed to get their attention. They turned around and looked at Sabriye with their eyes widened. Sabriye tensed in the awkward silence and spoke up to break the ice, "Uhhh... Hi?"

Ali, Bakar and Alicia blinked at her and asked, "Who are you?" Sabriye hesitated and tried to have a peaceful conversation with them without starting a fight. "The person you're looking for?" Sabriye nervously answered. There was another moment of silence between them.

"So... The intruder?" Alicia asked for confirmation. "... Yeah," Sabriye answered, again, with hesitation. Suddenly, Ali started laughing. "You? The intruder? Haha, that's absolutely ridiculous," Ali commented while cackling. Sabriye, Bakar and Alicia gave him a deadpanned look.

Once he noticed that Sabriye was not laughing with him, he stopped and realised, "Oh, you're being serious." Nodding, Sabriye answered, "Yes, I'm serious, Ali." Her tongue let his name slip; not that she regretted it. The trio looked at her with wide eyes (A/N: I'm calling Ali, Bakar and Alicia the trio for now). The next thing she knew, they prepared their weapons.

Surprisingly for the trio, Sabriye just flinched but made no move to attack them or defend herself, keeping silent while trying not to be intimidated. "How do you know my name?" Ali asked cautiously. "I suggest we go meet with the general first. I don't want to tell my story more than once," Sabriye informed, signaling towards the meeting room.

The trio looked at each other and nodded. "Alright, but no funny business. Got it?" Bakar warned, which Sabriye complied to. However, before they could leave, Sabriye stopped them. "Hold on. Before we go, I need to make a call," Sabriye requested, confusing the trio. "What for?" Bakar asked.

Sabriye didn't answer his question and made a call for TAPOPS through her watch. The minute it was answered, she heard screams and shouts of her name, causing Sabriye and the trio to flinch at the volume. "Sabriye, where are you?! Are you alright?!" Yaya and Ying's voices were heard from the other line of the call.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Just ended up in MATA safehouse," Sabriye casually responded. The trio looked at her in dread. 'Is she trying to give us away?!' they thought. They prepared their weapons again. "MATA? Oh, you mean that secret agency you always talk about?" Boboiboy asked from the other line.

"Yup, that. And also it says it in the phrase. It's a secret agency, so only you guys will know about it. Don't say a single word about MATA to anyone else. Alright?" Sabriye calmly stated but her tone itself could send shivers down their spines. "Understood, Sabriye. Stay safe," Admiral Tarung complied before ending the call.

Sabriye sighed and said, "Lead the way." Nodding, they led the way to the meeting room. "Why did you do it?" Ali abruptly asked. Sabriye looked at him in question. "Why did you keep MATA a secret for us?" Sabriye smiled softly and responded, "Because I'm on your side. Believe it or not, I'm actually fated to be here." That last sentence brought confusion to the trio.

"You'll see what I mean when I explain it to you and General Rama," Sabriye quickly added. Despite being shocked that she knew the general, they didn't question it at that moment, as she was going to explain it to them anyway. It was a quiet trip to the meeting room by foot then. The trio had one thought in mind, 'She has some explaining to do.'
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter. This is the first one for this book and sorry for the short chapter. But don't worry, more updates will be coming soon. Stay tuned and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼