Chapter 12: Ali's Story and Sabriye's Universal Teleportation

"W-Well... Um..." Ali hesitated as the young agents and Sabriye waited. Ali inhaled deeply and said, not really answering her question, "Promise you won't get mad?" All nervous gazes landed on Sabriye and there was a moment of tensed silence. Finally, Sabriye narrowed her eyes and answered, trailing off, "No..."

Gulping nervously, everyone else looked at Ali, who was averting eye contact from everyone else, as he started his story. "Well..."

(Flashback)

Sabriye collapsed to the ground after Rizwan knocked her out cold. Ali, being the only one conscious at that moment, widened his eyes at what his former mentor did to his newest friend as adrenaline rushed through his system. Ali rose to his feet and fired his yo-yo at Rizwan, who caught it.

Ali pulled the string hard - pulling Rizwan towards him - and kicked him hard in the chest with his rocket boot; this was a trick Sabriye taught him during their first training session with her. Dos came next as his opponent as she sneaked up on Ali and, the minute he turned to face her, she used her blades, leaving a scar across his right eye.

Shutting his eye quickly with his right hand, he jumped out of the way, far away from Dos. Ali then remembered another trick Sabriye taught him. Ali hit Dos with his yo-yo over and over and wrapped Dos with the yo-yo string. Ali then unwrapped her, causing her to spin, and he ran towards her, kicking Dos in the chin hard with his rocket boot.

That kick sent her flying and knocked her out cold. Unfortunately for him then, Sabriye's Electro Paralysis had worn off and Trez pushed Ali to a nearby wall, strangling him. Black spots appeared in his vision as he was losing consciousness. Trez's usual malevolent smirk was the last thing he saw before he was knock out cold.

(Flashback ended)

"And that's what happened..." The young agents and Sabriye looked at him in horror. Ali faced Sabriye and his eye widened in anxiety as he noticed her clenched first shaking. "U-Umm... S-Sabriye, a-are you... f-feeling alright?" That struck anxiety to the young agents' hearts, expecting her to vent her burning fury, that was storming inside of her.

'Oh no, what's Sabriye gonna do now? She's definitely mad for sure,' was the thought that ran through everyone else's minds. Sabriye then gave them a sweet smile, answered, "Yeah, just give me a sec," and left the infirmary. The young agents couldn't shake off their worries off their minds, so they went to check up on her.

Just when they found her, they felt the place shake. That was when they saw it - Sabriye's fist against a grey barrier - Protect - that had a small crack visible on it. Seeing this, the young agents visibly shivered in fear and started whimpering like a beaten puppy that was about to face another episode of its physical torture.

Hearing those whimpers, Sabriye immediately turned to face the young agents, whom flinched at the eye contact made. Sabriye sighed and assured gently, "Hey, I'm not gonna do anything to you guys. I'm just mad at the Numeros for what they did to Ali. That's all."

However, Sabriye had a thought in mind for that statement, 'More like royally pissed off,' but decided not to say it out loud, knowing that they wouldn't get it. Sighing in relief, they led her back into the infirmary. "But, in my opinion, 'mad' is a huge understatement," Roza stated, while the others nodded in agreement, Sabriye included.

Sabriye then said to Ali, "Anyways, I'll try to find a way to unlock my Fairy Element to heal you. But right now, I'll be on my way to make a report on the mission." Just then she heard a familiar voice, "There's no need for that. Alicia and I have already given General the report." It was Bakar, standing at the entrance.

Sabriye then raised an eyebrow and smirked in amusement, commenting, "Well, that's one way to make an unexpected entrance." That statement brought giggles and chuckles out of the young agents and Bakar's mouths. "Hey, Ali, you okay?" Bakar worriedly asked his beloved nephew, who nodded.

Just then, she heard another voice at the entrance calling out for her - Agent Geetha. Sabriye walked towards her and the other mentors, "Yes, Agent Geetha?" They looked at each other and nodded. "It is regarding your situation. Knowing that you also have missions from TAPOPS, we've figured out a way for you to be able to travel through different universes," Agent Leon explained.

This caught everyone's attention. Agent Karya then presented a device that looked like a little tube.

 Agent Karya then presented a device that looked like a little tube

"It is, what we'd call, a Universal Teleporter. It absorbs energy from the environment of a universe you're in and allows you to teleport from one universe to another. And don't worry, it can allow you to teleport to TAPOPS Station, since we made sure it was connected to your watch," Agent Karya elaborated.

Sabriye looked at the Universal Teleporter with stars of amazement in her eyes and a wide smile, making the mentors chuckle in amusement. "Thank you, mentors!" Sabriye thanked with a bright smile as she took the Universal Teleporter from Agent Karya's hand. The mentors, Bakar included, had one thought in mind that they didn't dare to say out loud, 'So... cute. Too much cuteness.'

"So... How does this work?" Sabriye's question snapped them out of their trance. Agent Leon explained, "Open it and you'll see a button. That allows you to open a portal to another universe." Sabriye complied and, true to Agent Leon's word, a portal was opened. She entered it and checked her surroundings on the other side of the portal.

It was just like Agent Karya said; TAPOPS Station was seen on the other side. Once she went back to MATA Academy's infirmary, she Agent Geetha holler, "If you want to close the portal, just press the button again." Sabriye complied to her word and the portal closed. Its results showed that the creation of the device was a success.

"Thanks again." Agent Geetha just waved her hand nonchalantly and responded, "Oh, no need to thank us. We were just doing what we can to help you," with Agent Karya and Leon nodding in agreement. Sabriye just smiled wider. However, the atmosphere didn't last as long as they liked; another portal appeared in the infirmary right behind her and started sucking her in.

"Sabriye!" The agents hollered to her as they were about to save her. "It's okay. This is the portal I was talking about when I got here. I'll be fine. I have the Universal Teleporter with me. I'll come back once I'm done with whatever business that is there, alright?"

They looked uncertain about her decision but nodded in agreement anyway. If there was one thing they knew about Sabriye was that she was a strong and independent girl; she could handle herself. Finally, Sabriye got sucked into the portal, leaving the agents worrying for Sabriye's safety and wondering, 'What could be on the other side of that portal?'
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, I'm done with the story and I still have some bloopers for this book. And Book 3 will be coming up next, so stay tuned for those. Thanks for reading this, hope you guys liked this chapter stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter in Book 2. Bye. 👋🏼