Chapter 2: Answers & Explanations

Sabriye and the trio reached the meeting room and Bakar started to make a call for General Rama. Soon enough, the call was answered. General Rama went straight to the point, "Agent Bakar, have you found the-" However, he stopped himself in the middle of his question when his gaze fell upon Sabriye, who seemed unexpectedly calm about her current predicament.

Finally, after a moment of silence, "Who are you?" General Rama asked with menace in his tone, while narrowing his eyes at her. Also narrowing her eyes at him, Sabriye answered calmly and formally, "Sabriye Unisa, sir. Or perhaps, you could say that I'm the... 'intruder'."

General Rama's eyes widened at that statement and glared daggers at her as drones appeared around the room, pointing their weapons at her. The trio pounced in front of Sabriye to defend her. However, he found Sabriye seeming unfazed by the threat. Instead of thinking about Sabriye's reaction, General Rama glared daggers at the trio.

"Agents, why are you defending the intruder here? She could be a threat!" General Rama demanded an explanation. Before the trio could answer, Sabriye did the honours for them. "I assure you, I mean no harm to you or MATA. It could be that I'm destined to come here in the first place." This confused the trio and General Rama.

"What do you mean?" Ali asked. "I was sucked into a portal and ended up here," Sabriye responded. It was clear from General Rama's expression that he didn't believe her. "I suggest checking the CCTV cameras. They should provide you the evidence you need," Sabriye recommended. Bakar complied to her suggestion and checked the CCTV cameras.

The portal was not visible in the recording but Sabriye was seen falling out of the ceiling and landing on her feet, with no remains of the ceiling to found; this was proof that there was indeed a portal in the ceiling. Humming in thought, General Rama then asked Sabriye, out of curiosity, "May I ask what was behind that portal?"

Everyone's gazes landed on her, eagerly anticipating her answer. It was, however, nothing they expected, "Another universe." Their eyes widened in shock. "Another universe? How is that possible?" Alicia asked. Sabriye answered, "It's somehow possible. I, too, wasn't anticipating my destiny to lead to... this," gesturing her surroundings.

"You guys remembered that call I made for my friends, right?" Sabriye asked, refreshing the trio's memory, earning a nod from each of them as a response. "You might think that's where I was originally from. But no, it's not. I'm from another, another universe."

The trio and General Rama seemed deep in thought about her shared information until Ali asked, "Do you... know all of us?" Sabriye gave him a small nod as an answer. "How?" Ali asked further. "I'm a fan of you guys." This caught them by surprise. General Rama asked in disbelief and in confusion, "Fan?"

Nodding again, Sabriye explained further, "Back home, you guys are shown behind a screen, like a TV show, and there are a lot of fans who know a lot about you. I'm one of them. As fans, we know things, like your names, your missions, your enemies and even parts of your family backgrounds." They widened their eyes at that. They had no idea that much information was known by fans like her.

"Oh, and by any chance, we can know about the enemies' plans," Sabriye added quickly. This perked their interest. "What kind of information do you have?" General Rama asked, hungry for information. "Where would you like me to start? Any requests?"

Ali raised his hand and she nodded at him, signaling to ask away. "If you know who our enemies were, mind if you give us a list?" Complying to his request, she gave them a list, which was surprisingly, to them, correct. Sabriye then spoke up, "What do you think happened to the Numeros?" That was a question they were not expecting at all.

Despite their confusion, General Rama answered, "The last time we saw them was at MATA Academy when it was attacked. It wouldn't be surprising if they died from the explosion, along with Zain and Uno. Why do you ask?" All eyes were on her, waiting for her response.

What she said next was not what they anticipated in the slightest, "If that's what you really think, then you're wrong. They're still alive." This soon created a silence, with the trio and General Rama's eyes widened. "H-How do you know that?" Alicia stuttered a question, trying to maintain her composure.

Sabriye answered immediately, "It was after your fight with Nikki when I found out. When Ali left Mamak Maju after your reunion, I saw them. Agent Rizwan and Dos were there in disguise." This left them speechless. 'This girl knows a lot more than we thought. Just how much information does she have?'

General Rama broke the ice by offering, "I see that you have a lot of information that we need. Tell me... What do you think about joining MATA?" This brought silence once again. Sabriye realised that she was holding back her squeals but was unable to stop her left arm from shaking. Grabbing and gripping it tightly, she answered, "I would love to but I must seek approval of my admiral."

This brought confusion to the trio and General Rama. "Admiral?" Alicia asked. Nodding, Sabriye answered, "Yes, I'm part of another organisation called TAPOPS." This raised eyebrows. "TAPOPS?" The trio and General Rama asked in unison. "Yes, Tracker And Protector Of Power Spheres," Sabriye described the acronym.

"I know you guys have questions about this and I might as well just give you a long, detailed explanation," Sabriye stated, with everyone else nodding in agreement. It took a few moments to give them a long, detailed explanation and soon, they started to understand the facts, much to Sabriye's relief.

"I see. Are you sure you would love to join? You're already part of an organisation and you would have to juggle two jobs at the same time," General Rama asked in doubt, worrying for Sabriye's health, physically and mentally. "Don't worry, I already have a plan in mind. Just let me discuss with my admiral first," Sabriye answered, seeking for General Rama's approval to call Admiral Tarung.

General Rama nodded in approval and Sabriye made a call for TAPOPS through her watch again. Admiral Tarung answered the call and Sabriye stated her purpose of calling. At first, Admiral Tarung was uncertain about her decision but after Sabriye explained her plan to balance her jobs, Admiral Tarung eventually relented and approved.

Sabriye apparently planned that she would be temporarily staying at MATA, for the time being. If a mission comes up, she would leave for TAPOPS Station and go for the mission. After the mission, she would stay at TAPOPS Station until her next mission at MATA and vice versa.

Sabriye finally decided to join MATA, which General Rama agreed to. "Sabriye, stay back and we'll discuss about something. The rest of you are dismissed," General Rama dismissed the trio outside of the meeting room while Sabriye and General Rama stayed.

The trio congratulated her for her recruitment as they exited the meeting room. Before they exited, Ali realised that Sabriye never said anything about her fighting style. When he asked her about it, it perked Bakar and Alicia's interest. Sabriye just smirked and said, "You'll have to find out if I'm given a chance to fight."

This still left unanswered questions but they were patient enough to drop the subject and wait for her time to answer it. That was when Sabriye pondered, 'Soon, you guys will see what I'm really capable of. Just you wait.'
______________________________________

A/N: Done with another chapter. Sorry, I wasn't able to update this soon. I was busy with schoolwork. Hope you guys liked this, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼