Chapter 10: Escape Plan (Part 2)

Bakar and Alicia just looked at Dr Aaron in horror while Sabriye stopped struggling and internally smirked. "You wouldn't!" Bakar snarled at Dr Aaron, while he responded, "Oh, I would. If you want her alive and well, you must tell us where IRIS is." Sabriye asked, "Quit your blackmailing. Why are you so persistent in knowing where IRIS is?!"

Dr Aaron just simply answered, "Boss's orders, girl. Now, tell me where it is." Sabriye noticed the hesitation and contemplation in Bakar and Alicia's faces as they stayed silent struggled to choose. However, Sabriye piped up, "Guys, don't tell him." That made them stop their train of thoughts and face her.

Sabriye then faced Dr Aaron and said, "Just spare them and throw me in there!" referring to the ice chamber near Dr Aaron. That made Bakar, Alicia and Dr Aaron shocked. However, in Bakar and Alicia's case, horrified. "Sabriye, are you insane?! You'll die in there!" Alicia retorted. Sabriye then gave them a look that screamed, "I know what I'm doing. Trust me."

Before Bakar and Alicia could say anything, all of a sudden, Dr Aaron began cackling maniacally. "Fine, if that's what you want," Dr Aaron shrugged, using his helmet, threw Sabriye into the ice chamber and shut the door closed before she could escape. Bakar and Alicia then shouted in horror, "SABRIYE!"

They felt worthless at that point; they couldn't help Sabriye escape from that horrible fate. While they were stuck in those chains, almost choosing to reveal the location of IRIS, Sabriye didn't even hesitate in the slightest to sacrifice herself, solely for the sake of them and IRIS.

Again, they heard Dr Aaron's maniacal laughter and his mocking, "What's the matter, agents? Feeling guilty for not being able to save her? Looks like you're not as good at your jobs as you thought. Enjoy the show as she freezes to death!" Out of immense fury, Bakar let out a war cry as he broke out of his chains and punched Dr Aaron in the face.

While Dr Aaron was caught off guard, Bakar broke Alicia's chains and handed her blastique to her. Together, they fought Dr Aaron for Sabriye. Meanwhile, in the ice chamber, Sabriye was freezing. Luckily for her, she was not getting hypothermia any time soon. "Come on, come on, come on, come on! Quickly!" Sabriye muttered impatiently as she looked at her watch.

Soon enough, the star on her watch glowed and she cheered, with a wide grin on her face, "Yes!" She stepped in front of the door and used her newly unlocked power. However, Bakar and Alicia weren't having much luck fighting Dr Aaron as he was about to win the battle while they were exhausted.

Luckily, the door burst open with icicles sticking out of it and fell onto Dr Aaron in time. Bakar and Alicia looked at the direction of the ice chamber and saw Sabriye stepping out of the mist in a completely different form. When she noticed Bakar and Alicia out of their chains, she remarked with mild sarcasm, "Gee, so much for finding the key to those chains."

In response to that, Bakar just scratched the back of his neck and chuckled sheepishly. "Well, not that I have problems with that, since I was gonna let you out anyway," Ice stated, making him sigh in relief. Alicia then asked out of worry, "Are you... alright?" Ice gestured at herself and answered, "You really want me to answer that?"

Alicia sheepishly said, "Er... Right." Ice then noticed Dr Aaron pushing the door out of his way and before he could do anything else, a bright blue glyph, that was close to white, appeared on the ground. Much to Dr Aaron's surprise, ice formed above the glyph and froze him in place. His teeth started chattering due to the immense coldness around his body.

""Eye for eye" is what they all say. It's what you get for messing with my friends. Oh yeah, thanks for throwing me into that ice chamber. Unlocked a new element thanks to you," Ice told him as she walked towards Ali, who was still chained up and unconscious, and froze the chains, leaving Bakar to crush them. "We need a way out of here. Can you take care of that, Sabriye?" Alicia asked Sabriye, who reverted back.

Nodding, she used Psychic's Scanning Eye, a glyph with Psychic's symbol appeared on her right eye as she scanned her surroundings. That caught Bakar and Alicia off guard as it reminded them of Ali's invention, ATLAS. Snapping them out of their trance, Sabriye alerted them of a way out and the two agents followed her, with Bakar carrying unconscious Ali in his arms.

Once they found the exit, Bakar punched the door open and they escaped, heading back to MATA Academy. Suddenly, on the way there, they heard coughing from Bakar's direction. However, it wasn't him. Instead, it was Ali. They stopped walking and checked up on Ali, only to find him blinking his eyes open.

"Ali, are you alright?" Bakar asked him but Sabriye deadpanned at him, "You really want him to answer that question?" He chuckle sheepishly at that. "What happened? Did we get out?" Ali feebly asked them. Nodding, Bakar assured his nephew, "Yes, Ali. We're out and we're gonna get you patched up, so you rest up and save your strength, alright?"

Nodding, Ali slipped back into unconsciousness. Nodding to each other, Bakar, Alicia and Sabriye continued their way back to MATA Academy, this time, sprinting with all their might. 'Ali, hang in there. Please, don't get worse,' Sabriye thought in worry.
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, back with another chapter. Sorry, the cinnamon roll's hurt. In the next chapter, you'll find out how Ali got hurt. Thanks for reading this, hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼