Chapter 3: MATA Academy

After a few minutes of waiting, Sabriye entered the room where the trio were waiting in and said, "Sorry to keep you waiting." Bakar just waved a hand at her and responded, "Nah. It wasn't that long." Sabriye smiled at that.

"What did General say?" Alicia asked. Sabriye responded with a grin, "Well he told that I should go to a certain somewhere to take a test to see my abilities in battle. Only then my pillar will be determined, he says." This brought a bit of confusion to the trio.

"Where is that certain somewhere?" Ali asked. Again, with a grin, she simply answered, "MATA Academy." This resulted in Ali gasping in excitement while Bakar and Alicia whipped their heads at him so fast that Sabriye was worried for a second that they would get whiplash.

"MATA Academy?! That place is so awesome! You're going there to take the test? Oh my goodness, you gotta meet everyone there. They're gonna love you!" Ali rambled on and on about how awesome MATA Academy and the young agents there were. Surprisingly, Sabriye found herself agreeing to him about how awesome they were as she rambled with him.

Unknown to them, Bakar and Alicia just stood by the sidelines, merely sweatdropping at their antics. Bakar coughed to gain their attention while Ali and Sabriye stopped rambling and chuckled bashfully. "Anyway, wanna go to MATA Academy?" Bakar asked with a smile, despite knowing what her answer would be. Sabriye nodded hastily and the trio lead the way.

It was about a 5-minute train ride to MATA Academy and, upon arrival there, Sabriye was asked to wait outside the academy so that the trio could explain her situation to the other agents and the mentors, to which Sabriye complied to with no argument or question. The minute the door closed, Sabriye could hear muffled voices of the trio, the young agents and the mentors.

When Bakar arrived outside to fetch Sabriye, he noticed her fiddling with her watch. Sabriye met his gaze, she assumed that he was done discussing with everyone about her situation. "Welp, time to meet the others," Bakar said with a grin and, without warning, he ushered, or rather, pushed, her into MATA Academy.

"Hey, I can walk, you know?" Sabriye protested, which Bakar ignored. Sabriye was greeted by a gasp of delight and a welcoming hug from none other than Agent Moon. A tinge of pink appeared on her cheeks. "Hey there, new agent. Agent Bakar already told us about your situation and that you know us very well but I'm just gonna introduce myself anyway. The name's Moon," Moon introduced and breaking from the hug.

Chuckling in amusement, Sabriye introduced, "The name's Sabriye Unisa. Nice to meet you," with a hand stretched out for a handshake, which Moon gladly accepted. "So, you really know all of us?" A boy, she recognised as Khai, asked. With, a grin, Sabriye responded, "That's right, Khai. I know all of you guys."

This surely surprised the young agents. "Really? Then, what's my name?" Another boy, Sabriye recognised as Jet, asked in glee. "Nice to meet you in person, Jet," Sabriye responded with a grin, to which Jet grinned back.

"I guess it's safe to assume that she really knows all of us," a girl, Sabriye recognised as Roza, concluded, while the rest of the young agents nodded in agreement. "Agent Sabriye, your test is ready," a voice, she recognised as one of the mentors, Agent Geetha, called out to her.

"Agent Geetha, is it alright if we all watch her fight?" Another girl, Sabriye recognised as Iman, asked. Nodding, Agent Geetha answered, "Yes, you may, knowing how curious you all are about her level of combat." Just then, a scoff is heard, "Surely, she'll be just as weak as Ali." Sabriye immediately recognised who said that - Rudy.

"Don't underestimate me, Rudy. I'll prove you wrong," Sabriye sourly challenged. Scoffing again, Rudy commented in a tone that meant he expected a challenge from her, "Sure, we'll see about that." Nodding, Sabriye responded in cold manner, "Alright, then. You got yourself a challenge."

That tone of hers itself sent shivers down everyone else's spines. 'That was scary,' was a thought that appeared in their minds. Soon, during the test, they'll learn the shocking truth about her abilities.
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, another chapter done. I thought you could use a bit more excitement in this, so I updated it. Hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼