Chapter 6: First Training Exercise

Sabriye finally found the mentors who were discussing about something and asked for permission to use the arena for teaching the young agents her tricks. Much to her satisfaction, that permission was granted. "But, don't destroy anything or hurt anyone," they warned. Once she left, they went back to discussing about their original subject.

"What do you think? She has already proven to us that she's capable of becoming, or even being, a powerful agent. We've seen so during the test," Agent Geetha told. Nodding in agreement, along with the rest of the mentors, Agent Karya spoke, "Yes, she shall stay. However, she also has missions from TAPOPS too. She also has to go from universe to universe."

Agent Leon then suggested, "Why don't we hear the Pillars' idea first? They might be able to think of something." Bakar agreed, "Ah, yes. After all, they did start Project: Satria." Nodding in agreement, they headed to meet with the Core Pillars.

Meanwhile, Sabriye returned to the young agents at the lounge and they were so delighted to hear the news that they immediately sprinted towards the arena, leaving Sabriye standing at her spot, baffled momentarily. Sabriye just chuckled in amusement and started walking in the same direction. However, she was then pushed at great speed by Zass, who was surprisingly as excited as the other young agents to be trained by her.

 Once she got there, Sabriye almost fell but managed to balance herself and protested, "Zass, you didn't have to push me all the way here. I could've walked here on my own just fine." Zass just shrugged in response with a small smile while Sabriye rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

"Alright, who would like to start first?" Sabriye asked and noticed Mika, with her armour ready, raising her hand up in the air. Sabriye called out to her as she walked towards her. Sabriye then summoned a robot from somewhere (A/N: And she will not say where she got it from.), much to the young agents' surprise.

"You might want to stand back because... you know," Sabriye told her as she nodded and complied. "Look closely, alright?" Sabriye requested, which, again, Mika complied to. "Go!" The robot first threw a punch at Sabriye, which she dodged. However, she had a little trick up her sleeve as she smirked. Sabriye grabbed the robot's forearm, jumped from her position and kicked it in the face.

The young agents winced at this, knowing just how much that kick to the face could hurt. After the robot regained its focus, it sent two punches her way, which Sabriye dodged. When the robot threw a third punch to Sabriye's direction, she grabbed its wrist, pulled it towards her and punches its face hard. The young agents winced again at the attack.

"Able to get that?" Sabriye asked Mika rather innocently, as if she wasn't acting violently towards the robot in the first place. Mika nodded nervously as she imagined herself against Sabriye in a sparring match. She shivered at the thought. "You think you can do it?" Sabriye asked her. Mika nodded and went into her stance as Sabriye stepped back.

"Go!" Mika repeated the steps that Sabriye showed her and Sabriye was honestly surprised and impressed that Mika added her own moves, such as running behind the robot and kicked its back. The young agents and Sabriye gave her a standing ovation for her awesome performance. Mika saw Sabriye smile and returned the gesture.

"Alright, at least you're good at combat, of course. But how about fast reflexes?" Sabriye suggested, surprising Mika. She fished out her phone and showed her a scene where Mika was tied up in Ali's yo-yo string by Zass. Mika was obviously embarrassed by the fact that Sabriye saw that.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna judge you for that," Sabriye attempted to cheer her up, which worked. She then went on to explain, "You got trapped in that yo-yo because you didn't think fast enough. Well, what I would do, if I did exactly you did in here, is I would just let go of it. Then, I won't be tied up." Mika nodded in understanding.

Sabriye then took a step back and called out for Ali and Zass so that they could play the scene again. "Alright, on the count of 3, you all will start. Sound good?" Sabriye told and got nods from each of them as responses. As she started to count, Ali, Mika and Zass got into their positions.

"3!" Ali threw his yo-yo at Mika, who caught it. Zass then grabbed the yo-yo string and tied Mika up again. "I guess we should work on your reaction time," Sabriye finally concluded, summoned a notebook and pen and took note of it. "Alright, who wants to go next?" Roza raised her hand immediately. "Alright, Roza, why don't you show me what you got?" Sabriye said as she summoned more robots.

Roza nodded and got into her stance with her rifle locked and loaded. After a moment of silence, Sabriye shouted, "Go!" The robots then started running towards Roza, attempting to attack her while she shot each of the robots one by one. However, Lady Luck wasn't on her side in this.

One of the robots in particular was more agile than the others and managed to dodge all of Roza's shots and punched her in the stomach, sending her flying further from where she was. Before, the robot can attack her anymore, a bright green glyph appeared on the wall, vines pulled the robot onto the wall and smashed it in the process.

Roza was humiliated by the fact that she couldn't defeat the robot. "Are you alright?" Sabriye asked out of worry. Nodding, Roza responded with a smile, "Yeah, I'm okay." Sabriye still looked worried for her. "Are you sure? That was a hard hit, wasn't it?" Waving at her nonchalantly, she reassured her, "I'm fine. Don't worry. Besides, I've been through worse than this."

Sabriye then muttered, "Still doesn't stop me from worrying about you though. Or anyone, for that matter." They went back to training and eventually every young agent got a turn to be trained while Sabriye told them what they needed to work on. After that training exercise, they decided to call it a day.

"So, how was training?" Sabriye asked with a smile. "It was awesome. Yeah, we weren't able to grasp it all now but it was fun overall," Chris commented. "Yeah, but there's something I wanna ask you," Khai said and Sabriye signaled to him to ask away. "Is that how brutal you can be when it comes to combat?" This caught everyone's attention.

Sabriye was honestly not expecting that kind of question. "I guess I am? But I was holding back, though," she answered, sounding a bit hesitant about it. This caused the young agents' eyes to widen. "Holding back?! The things you did to those robots back there did not seem like 'holding back' to me!" Jet remarked while the others nodded in agreement.

"That's because I can do a lot more than that. Plus, I still have a long way to go to unlock my full potential. With the powers I have now, I mostly need around a certain fraction of it to defeat someone, so I guess you could call that 'holding back'?" Sabriye explained. This shocked the young agents even more. "Just how powerful are you?!" Bulat asked out of shock.

Sabriye just shrugged in response. "Anyways, since we're taking the rest of the day off, what do we do now?" Sabriye asked. "Well, why don't we watch the videos of the pranks you did on your friends? I couldn't get enough of it," Roza suggested while the others nodded in agreement. Chuckling, she agreed and they spent the rest of the day watching it.

However, something was on Sabriye's mind the entire time, 'Maybe, the mentors be working on a universal teleportation device or something? I'll just have to wait and see.' That's right. Unknown to the mentors, she heard the mentors' conversation about her situation when she went to ask for their permission to use the arena for training earlier.
______________________________________

A/N: Sorry if it was a late update. I was busy with schoolwork. Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next one. Bye. 👋🏼