Chapter Five

Sorry, this chapter is really short. Hope you enjoy!

~Capricornwriter

I was in the seat.

That was when I came to my senses.

What did I just do? I just ruined my chance to be in Benile. I just ensured that I was cursed. Not like I could do anything about that though. I already knew that I was cursed. How stupid of me to just ignore it.

"No," whispered Celestia, as she jumped out of her seat and backed away from me as if I was poisonous. And maybe I was.

"What's going on?" I asked her, needing further clarification.

"The fifth element," she whispered.

"You're one of the fifth element," she told me.

"What?" I asked confused. The fifth element? I thought there were only four.

"There are five elements. They hide it from the society. Nobody knows that there are more than four. But there is. The fifth element is darkness. People who control darkness are cursed. You live for a much darker purpose than protecting," she explained, her hand on the door knob.

I snatched her hands. She tried to pull away but I kept her pinned. I needed more information.

"What are they going to do for me? Where do I go?"

"You're murdered. They kill people like you. To keep people safe. The only way to live is to join the Anathema," she told me and then broke free.

I catched her again.

"How do I join?" I asked her desperately. I couldn't be murdered! Not now. Not when I had a friend. A friend who cared about me.

"Y-You have to meet them. They come here every year to pick up the fourth elementals, they are at the bottom floor. That's all I know," Celestia told me before making a run for it. This time I didn't chase after her. This was my new life. My new identity.

I'm Eila West. I'm sixteen years old. I just took the test to define my future and... I'm a fifth elemental. I Have no family. I have a friend that I'll never see again. I am cursed. I live for a dark purpose. And the only way I'll survive is to join the Anathema.