Chapter 31- why didn't you tell me? (7)

Riley's POV;

I wake up to the sun shinning through the living room, as I go to sit up a little bit James pulls me closer still sleeping himself, I look around and the twins are fast asleep on one couch and Jassy isn't asleep on the other couch anymore she's not even in the living room with us.

James's POV;

I hear the twins wake up loudly and I instantly know I've over slept I look beside me to find Riley laying there next to me wide awake.

"good morning gorgeous." I say sweetly rubbing my eyes.

"good morning sunshine." she says jokingly

"what's the time?" I ask her

She grabs her phone and replys "8.30 james."

"I haven't sleeps that good in so long." I reply back.

"better if your girlfriend didn't wake you up at 2.30 in the morning right?" riles says laughing

"it's okay, are you okay now though?" I ask softly

I immediately notice her look away, so I wrap my arms around her and kiss her on the forehead.

"I am now James; you're here to protect me." Riley says giving me a reassuring smile.

Riley's POV;

We go into the kitchen and take a seat, as the twins sit as well, James mum and Jassy are already eating. I'm not hungry once again, but I take a single pancake and start to eat drizzling some maple syrup on it.

"So we're going to your grandparents house today kids!" his mum says

"can't wait." Jassy says actually Excitied for something

I notice James roll his eyes a little bit.

"yay I love grandma and grandpa's house!" jenni says

"can't wait to see them." Jenna adds in.

"oh and Riley I've been meaning to ask you if your coming on the family trip for new years sweetheart?" his mum asks me.

UH JAMES? What trip for new years? And why didn't you tell me about?? I think to myself a little confused. I notice James mum give him a look.

"I'm not sure yet, my bestfriends over for a little bit so I have to see." I reply saving James

"no problems sweetie, we'd be happy to have you stay." his mum says

I move a little from James grip feeling a tad annoyed his never told me. So I ask to leave, I use the excuse I need to ask if it's okay to his grandparents house even though I know it already is, I nodd as I leave the table.

Making my way back upstairs to his room when Jassy stops me.

"you okay Riley?" she says

"yeah everything's good." I reply

"James is just forgetful I'm sure he ment to ask you." she says actually nice for once.

"thanks I'm sure that's all it was." I reply smiling.

She nodds as she walks back towards the breakfast table as I go into James room and enter. I text Chloe I just need to talk to my bestfriend right now.

James POV;

As Riley moved away from me then got up I instantly knew she was mad at me even though she did save my back infront of mum, I knew she had permission to spend the day at my grandparents house she asked yesterday when we were eating lunch together on Christmas day. I ask mum of its okay to leave not paying much attention to there conversations anyway.

"am I okay to leave mum?" I ask

"that's fine sweetie," mum says back

I nodd as I leave the table and make my way back up to my bedroom opening the door slightly I stand there and see Riley on the end of my bed not smiling or looking sad just sitting there texting someone.

"can I come In, riles?" I ask smilling at her.

"it's your room jay, of course." she says back a little smile on her face,

I sit beside her and it goes quiet.

"what's wrong?" I ask knowing she's mad at me.

"why didn't you tell me?" she says back instantly

"I'm sorry. I forgot." I say back not knowing what to say

"you didn't forget just tell me the real reason." riley says a little annoyed.

" fine.. I just didn't know you would want to go since its for 2 weeks and I didn't want you to get sick of me," I reply telling her the truth.

"is that seriously the reason James?" she says moving closer to me.

"yeah that's the reason riles!" I say a little embarrassed.

"are you kidding I could never get sick of you." she says giving me a kiss

I kiss her back softly. As we get ready for the day, Riley putting on her playsuit that's washed and dried over night. I notice she's a little chilly.

Riley's POV;

I'm glad that's all sorted and out of the way, looks like I got myself some perfect new years plans while I am at it. My playsuit is washed and dried but as I stand in James room I'm a little cold.

"here riles, put this on." James says handing me one of his denim jackets with faux leather arms

"thanks James." I reply standing on my tippy toes to give him a kiss on the lips.

We kiss just as we're about to go downstairs and go to his grandparents house, him opening the door for me as I hop in the very back seat him sitting beside me, we share his earphones and I put on some one direction as he has my play list saved onto his phone I did it on the way to regionals haha. He listens as well, as I start to sing.

---sorry these arent even in the right time anymore I fell asleep however there will be a total of 12 chapters up at the end of this-- thank you all and happy news year eve! :)