Third person POV-

Y/n went in and out of consciousness the whole trip to the hospital. Remembering small snippets of the ride.

Bright lights.

Loud sirens.

Soft, but urgent voices.

But there was one very prominent thing she remembered, a firm pressure on her hand. It would tighten around her hand every now and then, giving her comforting reassurance.

She never comprehended what the pressure was till she was conscious enough to think clearly. As she laid in the hospital bed, the pressure still in her hand as her chest lifted up and down because of her soft breathing. Sean was at her side the entire time, holding firmly to her hand.

He put his hand on either side of her one hand and brought it up to his face. Holding it in front of his face, closing his eyes. Praying silently, she will be ok.

Guilt consumed Sean. He believed that if he didn't spend so much time ripping Erin a new one he would have found Y/n faster.

He could have found her before she left the school, before she got back to the house, before everything.

He believes he should have prioritized his girlfriend instead of letting his temper lose and speak for him. Going off at his entire class.

Sean's POV-

"Why couldn't I have protected her?"

"I promised I'd be there for her, but I couldn't be there for her when she needed me most."

My thoughts were running wild as I held Y/n's hand. Tears slowly making their way down my checks, and dripping off my chin and nose onto my lap.

I gave her hand a firm squeeze, hoping to feel a squeeze back, but never got one. This resulted in more tears escaping my eyes. Choked sobs evacuating my mouth as I desperately tried to keep from crying.

"W-why Y/n, why?" I choked out. I opened my eyes and looked at Y/n's sleeping face.

Her hair was matted and tangled from having blood in her hair previously. She had a bandage around her head, a small red stain peaking through the cream colored bandages. Her face was pale, almost dead looking. Her eyes looked sunken as did her cheeks.

She had bandages wrapped around her arms, which also had blood stains seeping through the layers of gauze underneath the bandages.

"They should probably change the bandages soon" I thought glancing at the stained bandages.

Eventually a nurse came in and changed the bandages on her arms. I had let go of her hand temporarily so the nurse could fix the bandages.

The nurse unwrapped the old bandages, revealing scars, scabs, and now stitches.

My mind went back to the scenes of her on the bathroom floor, covered in blood.

This is my fault.

I could have prevented this.

Why can't I protect her?