Two Different Letters

Lucy was all alone in her apartment. Natsu was on a job with Happy, and they said it would be fun if they went on the said job alone. Lucy tried doing her hobbies like writing, but was no use. She was bored to death.

  "Where are they? It's been three days already. Are they okay?" The blond asked herself as she went out of her apartment and locked it. She had decided to take a walk around Magnolia to get fresh air.

  As she crossed the streets of Magnolia, she thought of buying something for Natsu and Happy. She saw a fish like necklace which she thought for Happy and a blue and orange bracelet with fire design for Natsu. She giggled in excitement as she took out her wallet.

  "Sugoi!" Lucy exclaimed to herself as she bought the necklace and bracelet.

  She walked back happily to her apartment and waited for Natsu and Happy to return.

  As she walked back, the landlady saw her and scolded her for her rent remained unpaid. Lucy promised that she will pay the rent, and the landlady just walked away with a scowl on her face. Lucy sighed, relief obvious in her face.

  "Natsu and Happy sure are taking waaaaay too long on the job. I mean, I have little money to pay the rent. I even bought them their necklace and bracelet," she told to nobody in particular.

  Suddenly, she saw a man taking out mails and putting them on mailboxes. She shrugged and went inside her apartment quickly.

  Going inside, she fell on a deep hole. "Kyaaa~!" she yelped.

  "What is this place? A storage room?" Lucy wondered. The room was dark and creepy, and Lucy was now trembling in fear.

  As she stepped on a dirty doll, the doll made sound which startled Lucy and made her yelp. Real loud.

  "Kyaaaa~!! The landlady never told me a secret place like this!" Lucy exclaimed, still trembling in fear.

  She continued to wander around the big room underneath her apartment. There she saw spider webs, cockroaches, rats, and more creepy stuffs. She saw them by the little light she was seeing far ahead.

  When she couldn't take it anymore, she ran off back up her apartment, but she couldn't find a way back there. The little light that guided her this far disappeared, making her startled once again. "Oh no! I don't have flashlights or anything to light my way! What do I do?"

  She continued running in circles like her body was on fire.

  "And crap, my celestial keys are upstairs!"

  She felt something crawl on her legs, making her have goosebumps. "Waaaah~~!! Get off of me!!" Lucy cried in fear as she fell down the floor.

  "Come. I'll show you the way."

  "Natsu...?"

  A bright light (or so she thought) guided her up to her apartment once again.

  "Thanks, Natsu." Lucy did not know that the light was only her imagination. She only followed her instincts.

  She noticed that the sky was getting dark, so she took a bath and slept right away.

  When she woke up the next day to check her mailbox, she saw two letters. A letter caught her attention: A LETTER FROM NATSU. She didn't care about the other one, but she took it in anyway so she can read it.

Dear Luce,

   Heyya! It's been awhile! How are you? Happy and I are just fine! :D

  Anyways, we've finished the job. And the job? It was easy and amazing! Our opponent  was someone like Erza! So creeepy! And in a way, she reminded me of you. She has blond hair and she always like to scream. Hahaha! So like you!

  We are coming back there sooner or later. We'll surprise you. And you'll never forget our surprise.

  But before anything can happen, I would like to ask you something. Make sure to give me your answer when we come back, okay? :D

  The question is... Do you like/love me? I mean, AS MORE THAN A FRIEND?

  I'll hear out your answer so get ready! I love you! ♡

Love,
Natsu

P.S. Happy corrected some grammar when I wrote this.

  I pretty laughed at the P.S. part. Oh, he's such an idiot.

  But I must focus on what he just told me! He... he loves me! How would I react to such a thing?

  What do I do? What do I do? Is this a prank? Most likely, yes. But it can also be no...

  "Help me, mom! What should I answer? Do I even like him?" I closed my eyes, almost fangirling like crazy.

  I almost ran to the guild when I remembered the other letter. Oh well, I must also read this. But for some weird reason, it's from a doctor.

  I shrugged and almost ripped the envelope because of my excitement.

Miss Lucy,

  I'm pretty sure you're a close friend of Sir Natsu Dragneel and his cat, Happy? Have you read Sir Natsu's letter for you?

  I'm pretty sure you have read it already. Well anyways, that's more important than this letter.

  Anyways, they are very happy to have met you. They love you. Sir Natsu and Happy said that tell some of the hidden details they haven't discussed in the previous letter.

  Miss Lucy Heartfilia, (or should I say Mrs. Dragneel) I am really sorry but.... Sir Natsu has passed away. He was attacked by a monster and never survived. Please ma'am, forgive me for the sudden outburst.

  By the way, Sir Natsu wrote the other letter before he passed away.

  Happy his cat is bawling out his eyes here. Please, help him smile. He wants the both of you—and everyone in the guild—to be happy and not worry about him because no matter what happens he'll always be by your side.

  That's all. Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

Doctor Daphne.

  Even if Natsu told me to not cry, I still cried. How could he? He left us! The whole guild! The guild isn't complete without that idiot! What would I do now?

  I quickly ran to the guild to tell everyone the WORST news I have ever received in my life.

  As I opened the guild doors, I saw everyone crowding a certain table. The whole guild was quiet, but I could hear silent sniffs. Are they crying? Do they know already?

  I saw a body in that table: Natsu's body. There he was like sleeping, but his whole body was as pale as Happy's wings. My eyes widened. I wanted to come near him, but I couldn't. I slowly felt my energy being sucked out.

  "Lushi..." I saw Happy walk to me with teary eyes. I hugged him tightly as I buried my face in his little shoulders.

  "Oh Happy. I wanna tell him that I love him too. But... he's now... gone." I breathed heavily as big drops of tears trailed down my face.

  "Lushi... he loves you. And he always will." And with that, I cried until I was exhausted.

  "Happy." I said in a weak voice, taking the necklace and bracelet out of my pocket. I put the necklace into Happy's neck.

  "This bracelet was supposed to be my gift for Natsu." I told Happy after locking the fish like necklace. When Happy looked at the necklace, he looked even more teary-eyed.

  I stood up, giving myself courage as I slowly walked towards Natsu.

  I hugged him very tight when I reached him.

  "I missed you. I was about to answer you "I love you too." but how? Now that you're gone already." He did not answer. It was like I was talking to myself.

  I put the bracelet around his wrist and continued, "This bracelet is a sign that I have said I love you too."

---------------------------------

I'm such a crappy writer...