Chapter 18 | My rescue fails

Robert Downhill is sitting on the chair in front of the desk, trying to look relaxed but I know he's shaking in all his joints

When he came to me two days ago to tell me that his son-in-law was giving info to the cops I knew he was shitting his pants. He stunk of fear but the hate he had for Tate was overcoming the fear of me.

I hated the guy. He was scum not for selling his daughter for a business but for the way he treated her and his family.

I already knew that Lucas was digging us and collaborating with the authorities, but I also knew we were not his target, Robert Downhill was.

And boy, did I like that? This Lucas kid was my kind of kid.

I've been dreaming about revenge over Downhill for years now, and no, I don't want him just dead, I want him tormented, shitting his pants every step he takes, death blowing into his ears at all times.

I only need to pretend I want Tate's head and Downhill will dive deeper into his soon-to-come end, where I hope his son-in-law will crush him.

That Tate kid was not meant to be a gangster and I was sure he never wanted that life, but he took this path in a brave, and I must admit, dashing way.

He was adamant to take Downhill down and take the woman he loved.

Not something I would dislike. He is fucking brave. Braver than I have been, anyway.

And he's exceptionally good at what he is doing, he has tripled his wealth after he has taken over the business from his father.

He is now a billionaire slash gangster slash a man madly in love, who would do the craziest things for his wife.

I don't want Lucas. I want Robert Downhill's head on my plate. And I'm going to have it.

But the only problem I'm facing right now is my youngest, Enzo. I respect Lucas but I love my son. He's my son, and I'm going to do anything for him.

"So, you've finally got your daughter back. She's a nice lady," I tell Robert, trying his waters.

"Yeah. That little slut has never been anything but trouble," Robert spits, and his words make me stir in disgust.

"You are a shitty sonofabitch, you know that? You disgust me, Downhill. She's a fine lady but by being the motherfucker that you are, you've damaged her."

He stares at me, and his face becomes paperwhite. He fears me and I like that. I want him to fear me. I want to hear his bones shaking and teeth chattering whenever he hears my name.

He had the guts to turn against me and become an ally with the Russians and fuck, we barely made it out from the shooting.

I want his head and I'm going to have it.

"How much do the cops know?" I ask.

"Not sure. But whatever they know shouldn't be much. None of them have reached me yet. That's why we need to take Tate out, as fast as possible."