Chapter 36 | The need to feel alive 🔞

"You're perfectly alright, Becks

"You're perfectly alright, Becks. Everything seems to be okay except for some bruises. I also think that you should take these pills tonight. You need a good sleep. It has been a trauma, after all," Giovanna says, being done examining me and she looks satisfied.

"Nothing I had seen before, Giovanna. Do you think I can take the pills after Enzo comes home? I really want to be awake when he arrives," I asked her while putting on my clothes.

I see the confused look on her face at my words before, probably baffled by the calmness in my voice.

"Have you been kidnapped before, Becks?" she mumbles, ignoring my last request.

"Kidnapped, shoot at, beaten... Let's see, what have I missed?"

I see Giovanna widening her eyes, popping out of his head, and fixing her stare on me with every word I say.

"Come on, Giovanna. I'm exaggerating," I try to calm her, and she nods, unsure if I'm serious or not.

"Well, I thought only here things like this happen," she replies standing up from the armchair in front of me. "We're done, for now, Becks. I'll call you tomorrow to check on you. Please do take the pills tonight. Have a good sleep and you'll be like new tomorrow," she says, waving me a flying kiss and leaving the room.

I nod at her and let myself fall on my back on the soft matters. I'm ready to faint even without her pills, but I need to keep my eyes open.

I need to see Enzo before I sleep, to make sure he comes home in one piece but my eyes close involuntarily, so I walk to the bathroom and splash some chilly water on my face, to wake up.

Why is Enzo taking so long? The waiting becomes suffocating, and each minute seems endless.

I decide to go downstairs to find something to keep myself busy with and upon entering the living I find Alex on the sofa, sitting with his legs spread in front in their full length, head leaned against the backrest of the sofa, typing something on his phone.

"Becks, hi. Umm... how do you feel?" he says, straightening himself up when seeing me.

"Why is Enzo taking so long to be back?" I ask, ignoring his question.