prologue

In the vast universe floats a large island in a crystal bubble. This island is called Irragin, On this island live the transmigrators. Those who shuttle through worlds for tasks. In the middle of this island is blue crystal dome of portals. This crystal dome is never empty transmigrators come and go through the doors every second. There is no concept of day and night on this island.

Xu An a resident of the seventh district came to this island thousands of years ago. He does not remember most of his past after all he does not have photographic memory nor does he want it. He only knows he was once living on a planet called earth and after his death he was brought here by an unknown entity. Like everyone else he also started shuttling through worlds and lived many different lives in many different worlds with backgrounds he had never once thought would exist.

Xu An stood in front of the the large windows watching the ever busy streets. His mind was blank he could not seem to remember what had happened. There was a large gap in his memories that he did have. He had just returned from the portal he should remember what he had done in this world he returned from but he could not for a reason he didn't know. 

His personal AI assistant could only tell him what little information it had received. And Xu An found out that there was a large scale accident in the world he was in which caused his soul to shatter into pieces and those pieces were sucked away in the cracks of time and space along with memories they each contained. Xu An had sucked in a startled breath at this little but very important information , No wonder he had been feeling hollow it turns out he was missing soul shards and who knew how many there were.

"I must get them back!" Xu An was restless his entire body was filled with urgency. He had a feeling if he couldn't get them back he would completely break down and exist no longer. If Xu An was afraid of something it was being without an existence no longer having thoughts and being a mindless entity. Other fears were nothing when compared to this.

"Are you sure?" The AI was confused even if it had thoughts it did not understand it's masters urgency, it was but only a few pieces of soul fragments its master could ask others to help out.

"Im sure" Xu An was absolutely sure he only he himself can get them back.

"You do not want others to help?" The AI still felt that it was confusing, Why not ask for help.

"The soul shards are my own why should i ask others to help? I will not be at ease unless i do it myself" Xu An knew the AI would never understand it is but a machine after all.

"okay....Good luck" The AI felt that it should just compromise with it's master anyways it wasn't a big problem if the master wanted to go himself it should just do its best provide assistance.

Xu An picked up a glass of water and drank it slowly the AI turned into its watch form and slid onto his left wrist entering standby mode. Xu An took one last look at his apartment which too spacious and empty and thought he should decorate it after he returns this time. With a deep breath he turned around and walked away the door behind locked automatically turning on its high tech security function.

"have a save journey master" a robotic childish voice sounded from behind him. Yes it was his apartment, On this island every apartment big or small is equipped with an security system. High level apartments have AI's who watch the house in the owners absence.

Xu An entered the doors of the dome with the flow of transmigrators entering and scanned his fingerprint at the silver pleated door with his nameplate. This door was his exclusive portal everyone in the top 100 on the leader boards had their own portal. All these portals were protected by an unknown spirit entity and could not be messed with at all and that's why an accident related to a portal had yet to happen.

the large floating screen in the middle of dome was showing the rules again. The first rule that is obeyed unconditionally,

{RULE 1 : EACH WORLD WILL ONLY HAVE ONE OUTSIDER IN CASE U MEET ANOTHER KNOW IT IS A VIRUS AND MUST BE OBLITERATED}

Xu An had just read the first rule when the silver door snapped open in front of him and he was sucked in within seconds. The silver door snapped close again and shone a red light showing the words [ Fate ReWrite ].

In the same way all doors had different words showing Villain reformation, Destiny Retry, Protagonist reformation, Counterattack, Collector etc. These words showed the many different types of missions that transmigrators complete.

Xu An opened his eyes in a lush green forest surrounded my magnificent trees and loud roars of beasts. Xu An turned his head and saw a large mouth of a beast full of sharp teeth headed for him and quickly flipped to the side avoiding a fatal injury just in time...