1.2

Xu An stayed with the old man learning to identify herbs during the day and alchemy a few hours after sunset. He learned slowly with care alchemy was very interesting and caused a sense of satisfaction when a pill came out perfect with no flaws.

The old man felt very happy at the child's serious attitude in learning and couldn't wait to teach him everything. Six years passed Xu An learned a lot in these years but there was still so much more left.

 Xu An and the old man left towards the market square to sell pills. They headed to Dalan city because cultivators had to pass through this city to reach the immortal altar. It was named so because it was build by the six heavenly immortals when they descended for the first time to lift the deadly crisis later known as angel of deaths descend thousands of years ago. The name given due to what had happened during that period of hundred years. People do not who named it that but they all came to use it.

Cultivators went there to practice when it opened every hundred years later. The immortal altar was a large library and had hidden rooms for practice. Inside the altar hid the secrets of the deadly crisis that could only be sealed and not eliminated. No one knows where the secret is hidden inside the altar they did try to find it because there was rumor whatever it was that was hidden had the power to destroy and recreate the world. Of course it was only a rumor without a base and many people did not believe it but some very ambitious people did.

Xu An and the old man set up their stall along with many others who were setting up theirs. It was early morning and not many people were around but within a few hours the market square became busy there were so many people selling and so many buying.

Xu An got a little tired sitting in one place and wanted to roam around to stretch his legs. He told the old alchemist and took off into the square. his stroll was in the direction of the immortal altar he wanted to see the famous building up close.

The fluctuation in his soul was sudden and only lasted a second but he had felt it. His soul shard was nearby Xu An felt excitement bubbling up and immediately did a circle around where he was. He felt the fluctuation again, It was coming from the immortal altar!

Xu An looked at the numerous cultivators entering the building and held himself back it was not time yet there were too many people around and all of them were stronger than him.The security must be very tight because this area is supposed to be neutral grounds for cultivators from different sects.  Xu An clenched his fists, Suddenly he saw the boy again the one whom coincidentally looked like himself. The other had noticed him too and seemed to want to talk to him.

No he looked he wanted to throw him in a cellar and torture him to get what he wants. Xu An threw him a cold look and ran away, He does not have the strength to fight a full fledged cultivator with this normal body at most he can only hurt him a little to delay. If only he could absorb that shard then he could even kill an immortal cultivator as easily as a fly.

Unfortunately he can't sneak in to get the shard yet. By the end of the day the old man bought food and cloths for his little apprentice as he was a normal child and needed nutrition. Xu An rolled his eyes secretly he could still survive a few weeks without food he still had that much soul energy but the feeling that the other people care about him is really good.

two years passed and the old alchemist fell extremely ill. Xu An pursed his lips as he carried a bowl of water and a towel to the old man's room. The old man coughed up blood and wiped it with a towel calling Xu An to come over.

Xu An walked over and sat on the bamboo chair by his  bed with a silent and blank face. 

"Xiao An master is sorry.........Master cannot stay with you longer.......I still had things to teach you......Well i guess i can't do that...." The old man coughed again and Xu An handed him a cup of water silently.

"There is a box......Buried under the tree right outside......It contains all my books on alchemy and things i collected......I'm leaving them to you......Take care of yourself....forget the past and look to the future......I'm sure there is a wonderful future waiting for you.....*cough cough cough*"

Xu An frowned lightly " Master please don't talk i understand everything don't harm yourself any longer"

"Haha don't worry i only have a few more hours or minutes left.......You are a wonderful child don't believe everything other's tell you.....If someone hurts you you must hurt them back don't accept it passively....."

"I understand master be at ease i know" Xu An lowered his eyes hiding his expression.

The old man sighed closing his eyes his breathing was shallow and minutes later it stopped. The old man had passed away, Xu An stood up and bowed to his still form before preparing his grave and burying him. He carved a stone tablet and kept it on the head of the grave he then lit an essence and silently sat for three entire days and nights.

three days later he dug out the wooden box from under the tree and found books treasures and gold in it. he tapped his wrist and called his AI assistant.

" What can i do for master?"

" help me put these books and treasures in the space i'll take them when i need them" Xu An took out the gold and placed it on the side closing the box with books and treasures.

"understood master" The box disappeared from the table.

Xu An took the gold and counted. It was enough to buy a shop in Dalan and live comfortably for many years. Xu An separated the daily expenses and stored them in a bag took the rest and headed to Dalan.

This year he was fourteen, Thanks to his master he grew up healthy and tall in these years. He first bought a concealing cloak it cost him a thousand and three hundred gold. Xu An breathed in and tried to smooth out his expression this amount is nothing the cloak is very useful.........They actually scammed me damn it!!!! the original price was only eight hundred gold they took five hundred more from him!! they actually dared!! 

It was just a moment of carelessness and he lost five hundred more gold! Xu An took a breath again and again and calmed himself down. it was fine it's only five hundred he still has thousands more.....damn it he was still angry!!!.

after an entire hour he put on the cloak and went to buy a property it took a week finalizing the prize and signing the paper for ownership transfer and he lost eighteen thousand gold left with only ten thousand gold. enough for a lifetime of simplicity.

a month later came a news that a hidden realm had appeared  Mingqing and cultivators started to swarm there. Xu An was waiting for this opportunity that finally arrived two years after he sensed his soul shard. Dalan became almost empty and that night Xu An put on his cloak again and sneaked to the immortal altar.

Upon his arrival he saw five people still guarding the gates.

"do they think they can stop everyone from entering" Xu An smiled mildly and jumped on the wall to the other side.

A snapping sound caught his attention and he turned quickly...