Chapter 37

Billionaire's Claim

Chapter 37

Sapphire Miller's POV:

Ahhhh where am I. I could feel someone squeezing my hand. I tried my best to open my eyes but, I was unable to open. Ok let me try once again. I slowly tried once again to open my eyes and it worked. I opened my eyes and saw mama and Alvin. They were looking at me eagerly. What the hell happened? I looked at everyone puzzled as to why they are looking at me like this. Wait what is going on? What did I miss? I closed my eyes shut trying to remember what happened and slowly I started remembering Mel, kidnapping, shooting, Richard and Papa.

"How's Papa?" I questioned desperate to know his condition.

"He's fine princess. How are you feeling?" Alvin said and mama squeezed my hand reassuring that he is fine.

"I'm fine Al" I said not knowing where to look.

"I'm sorry I've caused a lot of trouble" I said looking down. Everything happened because of me.

"No baby, what are you even sorry for?" Mama questioned.

"Mama it's because of me that your daughter Mel turned did this" I said. I couldn't even face Alvin because I know that he loves his sister very much and now she's in jail because of me.

"Yea she's my daughter and so are you. So, please don't talk like this. You'll forever be our girl" Mama said tearing up.

"Elle? My Elle is alive. My Elle is alive. I knew nothing would've happened to you" Mom cried entering the room, coming towards me and I held my hand for her to take. I had mama with me all this time but, I really missed my mom.

"Mom, I'm fine. I'm sorry that I couldn't meet you and dad once I remembered everything" I said to mom and dad looking at them with guilt. Dad was in the corner and was crying his eyes out.

"Mom, Dad, Mama and Al I'm sorry for what happened with Mel" I said knowing completely that I had to apologize to all of them. I've literally dragged their daughter and sister out of their lives.

"No Elle it is me and your mom who should be apologizing. I'm sorry for raising my daughter Mel like that Mrs. Miller. I should've given her more love and affection. I failed as a father" Dad said coming towards Miller mama.

"I'm sorry for not teaching her how to treat people with compassion. I'm sorry that I've not paid attention when so much was going on with Mel. I should've paid her more attention as her mother" Mom said looking at Miller mama.

"No, you've raised her good but, she was very jealous of Sapph that she did all of this. I never once blamed you for what Mel did and never will because I know that as a parent you'd always teach your child to be good so, please don't apologize" Miller mama said.

"Mom, dad, when did you both come here?" I asked.

"Mr. Alvin called us and explained everything what happened. Then, we rushed to see Mel and then came here" Dad said and I just nodded.

"How's Mel?" I questioned looking at mom and dad.

"She's just silent. We went to give her the comfort which she needed but she didn't even look at us nor did she talk to us" Dad said in a low sad voice. I don't know what would have happened to me if not for Richard protecting me. Oh my god Richard.... He took the bullet for me.

"How's Richard? Is he ok? He's doing good right?" I asked tensed. The person I love is in trouble because I asked him not to do anything careless and he just did that.

"He's fine Sapph. He's doing good" Miller mama said giving me a smile. What do I do with him he's cute but he's in trouble.

"Who's Richard, Elle? Mom and Dad questioned at the same time.