Part 5

Matthew was so excited and a little bit nervous. Acting wasn't exactly what he came to LA to do, but he was down to do it if it eventually led to directing. All in all, he was actually pretty lucky. He hadn't been in town very long before getting the part of Spencer Reid. Which he wasn't even sure he was going to get. They had called him back several times just to tell him he wasn't right for the part.

After receiving the news that they wanted him for the new CBS crime drama, everything moved along rather quickly. He signed a contract and before he knew it, they were filming the pilot. All his cast members turned out to be pretty awesome. When the network decided to pick up the show, he was through the roof with excitement.

Today was the first real day of filming. Having arrived at the set at around 5:30 a.m., Matthew had already been shown his trailer, and been to both the wardrobe department and makeup. He was a little disappointed that they made him cut his nails and covered the dark circles under his eyes.  He thought that the tired, disheveled look would suit the genius well.

After leaving makeup, he was instructed to head over to the props department to get his gun, holster, badge and bag. The set was so big, he had gotten turned around at first, but once he found it, he slipped into the room. The room was large and consisted of wall to wall shelving containing miscellaneous items of all kinds. It was almost like a library of stuff.

Walking further into the room, Matthew couldn't seem to find anyone. Calling out, he got no response, but he did hear some shuffling coming from the back of the room. Right as he was about to head in the direction of the sound, Shemar came up behind him and slapped him on the back.

"A.J. said that the assistant props girl likes to listen to her ear buds. It's hard to get her attention... I heard she's cute though," Shemar said, chuckling and wiggling his eyebrows.

Matthew shook his head as he laughed at his costar's antics, and followed him further back into the props room.

As they got closer, Matthew could hear her singing lowly and he stopped in his tracks... it had been a long time, but he knew that voice. No, it couldn't be, what we're the chances. Shaking off the odd feeling, Matthew caught up to Shemar, only to be floored when she came into sight.

It was her. He couldn't see her face because she had her back to him as she swayed to her music; but, he knew it was her. He knew that green army jacket anywhere. His hands started to shake and his heart was banging against his rib cage. He was sweating and it felt like he couldn't breathe. He could not move or speak.

What if she didn't remember him? What if she didn't recognize him? He had so many different feelings running through him. Excitement, joy, anger... love. What if she didn't love him anymore?

Shemar, completely unaware of Matthew's internal conflict and building panic, walked up to the assistant and tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to slightly jump.

"Hey sweetheart," he said, as the cute girl removed her earbuds, smiling sexily at her. "Matthew and I need to pick up some of our props. You think....." he trailed off when she clearly wasn't hearing him anymore. As soon as he said 'Matthew,' she had turned around and all the color drained from her face. Her lip started to wobble and she whispered his costar's name.

Confused, Shemar looked over at Matthew and raised an eyebrow when he was acting just as odd as her. He was clearly missing something. Taking a step back, he looked back and forth between them and waited for something to happen. She was the first one to move. Mindlessly dropping her earbuds, she quickly started to walk towards Matthew, and stopped right in front of him. She held her hand out like she was going to touch him but never made contact.