Part 6

Just as he had expected, Matthew barely slept that night. He had laid in his bed, beating himself up for letting her leave with Ian and for not exchanging numbers with her. What if she needed help? She could have called him. Around 3 am he gave up and padded into his kitchen to make his morning coffee.

Turning on the tv for some background noise, he sat down with his drawing journal and coffee, until he had to get ready for work. Not much time had passed when he decided that he would not be able to concentrate on his doodles, so he would take a quick bath and leave early. Maybe he could stop by the props department before he went to makeup and costumes.

*****

He actually got to the studio before most of his costars and the crew. Matthew had planned to first stop at his trailer to drop his things off, and then was going to the props department and see if Y/n was there yet. If not, he planned on waiting for her until she got there.

However, when he entered his trailer, he nearly tripped on a pair of boots and a duffel bag. Looking up, confused, he saw someone sleeping under a blanket on his trailer couch.

For a moment he looked back and forth between the sleeping form and the boots before it clicked. Those were Y/n's boots. They were actually the same ones from middle school.

Slowly turning back to his sleeping friend, he quietly put his bag down on the table and walked over to the couch, and kneeled down beside it. Pulling back the blanket, he uncovered Y/n's head and smiled when she released a snort-like snore. Her hair was a bird's nest and completely covering her face. Matthew reached up and brushed what he could from her face, causing her to mumble something and roll closer to the backrest of the couch. Laughing and shaking his head, he reached out and gently shook her shoulder.

"Y/n, honey, wake up," he said softly, trying not to startle her. Even though he did, anyway.

Y/n shot up and off the couch so quick, all he saw was a blur.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I know I shouldn't have picked the lock, but the bar was already closed and I thought I could sneak out before you got here. I'm so so sorry! I'm so embarrass-" she rambled, but was cut off by Matthew's angry voice.

"What the fuck happened to your face!"

His loud tone caused her to cover her face with her hand and take a step back, nearly tripping on her bag, just as he had earlier.

Seeing that he had scared her, he took a deep breath and apologized, "I'm sorry I yelled, Y/n. You know I would never hurt you, please come here so I can take a look."

Swallowing nervously, Y/n looked away for a moment. She had been so embarrassed by him finding her, she had forgotten the huge shiner Ian had given her when they had gotten home. The fight was epic and it ended with him back handing her so hard, she literally spun. She had locked herself in the bathroom after that and waited for him to fall asleep before quietly packing a bag and sneaking out. This wasn't the first time this had happened. In a couple of days, Ian would call her crying about how sorry he was and how much he needed her, and like the idiot she is, she will slink back because she has nowhere else to go.

Looking back at Matthew, whose face was filled with genuine concern, she was reminded of the time she had told him about Larry. The parallels of those two moments sent a chill through her.

"Y/n... please?"

She gave her head a slight nod and slowly made her way over. As she looked up at him, she saw the sadness and anger in his eyes and it caused her heart to clench in self- loathing. Once again, she had dragged him into her shitty ass drama, and this time, it was her fault. She couldn't control the thing with Larry, but Ian... she made that choice.