Part 13

Y/n woke up to the sound of pounding. Groaning, she peeled herself, with shaky arms, off the cold bathroom floor. With the help of the counter, she was able to pull herself unsteadily to her feet. Which she regretted, immediately, when she saw white and everything that was in her stomach pushed itself upwards. Quickly, but without much coordination, she stumbled her way to the toilet, barely making it in time. When her body had rid itself of the remaining poison it was no longer accustomed to, she rested her cheek on the cold seat of the toilet. She was suddenly very aware of the pain that bloomed across the side of her face and head. She must have hit the floor hard when she passed out. Closing her eyes, she pulled in a slow breath and steadily blew it out. Why wouldn't the pounding in her head stop? Groaning, she tried to cover her ears, but she could still hear it, only now it was muffled. It was at that moment that she realized that the sound was coming from outside, the cold and bright room that currently assaulted her senses.

Once again, Y/n stood on trembling legs and shuffled back to the bathroom sink. Upon seeing her reflection, she sighed. The left side of her face and shoulder were substantially bruised. Disgusted with herself, Y/n turned away from her image and tried to collect her thoughts.

What the fuck was that banging?

Suddenly, the cloud lifted from her head and she realized that the noise she was hearing was someone at the front door. That someone, probably being a frantic and worried Ziggy. Fuck. Grabbing her robe off the back of the door, she covered her mostly-naked body, as she had lost Matthew's shirt at some point, leaving her in nothing but her panties.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! I'm sorry," she said, as she ripped the door open, only to be greeted by her friend's concerned face.

"I've been out here for almost 15 minutes. I tried calling and all I get is a recording?! What the fuck is going on, Y/n?" As he pushed his way into the apartment, Ziggy suddenly stopped and took a step back, covering his nose, then stared at her with sadness.

Y/n looked away, ashamed. It was then that he noticed the purple bruises that spread across her face, and sighed. Walking past her, he headed for the kitchen and grabbed a bag of peas out of the fridge, tossing them to her. Unprepared, she fumbled with them until they fell at her feet. Groaning, she bent down to collect them and delicately placed the bag on her face with a hiss.

"Hit the floor hard, didn't you?"

Y/n just nodded and croaked, "Just woke up on the bathroom floor."

"Well, you look like shit and you smell like shit. So, I hope you're happy with yourself."

Y/n glared at him. She knew she fucked up, but he didn't have to be a dick about it.

"Don't give me that look. I didn't make you drink. So, where did you get it? Did you go out after I dropped you off?"

"No... I may have nicked it from the bar at the party before we left."

Ziggy just rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Why would you do that, though? You've been doing great. Now you have to start all over. We are going to a meeting tonight. So you better get your ass in the shower so we can get some packing done before we need to head out. Do you got any boxes?"

Rolling her eyes, Y/n tossed the bag of peas onto the coffee table and wandered past him into the kitchen. Reaching under the sink, she pulled out a box of trash bags and returned to Ziggy, pushing the box into his chest.

Looking down, Ziggy gave her an unamused look. "Seriously? Garbage bags?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was I supposed to have a backup supply of packing boxes, you know, just in case I should be prepared for when the man I love evicts me?! You're right, totally my bad."