dean-one last time pt.1

i was listening to a sad version of ariana grandes song at 4am as one does, and got a little too upset. also im probably going to write a pt.2 happy ending to this or i'll cry myself to death

tw: heartbreak, break up :((

     You sat alone in the cold and moist motel room, the smell of rotting wood filling your nostrils

You sat alone in the cold and moist motel room, the smell of rotting wood filling your nostrils. The tears seemed never-ending after Dean and Sam drove off in their Impala, leaving you alone in the motel room.

      one week ago

The three of you sat together in the bunker while you chewed on the beef jerky Dean brought. The two brothers were looking rather gloomy and you asked them what was wrong.

"Okay, what happened?" You asked the two men in front of you, putting the jerky down. Sam cleared his throat and Dean turned to you.

"We need to talk." He said sternly, making your stomach turn. Dean rarely used this voice and when he did, the following words were never good.

"Uh, sure." You said, getting up and following him into the hallway. The two of you stood awkwardly across each other, which never happened. You looked at the wall, waiting for Dean to speak up.

"Y/n." Dean said, making your breath hitch.

"We- we can't be together anymore." He told you. You swore you could feel you heart drop 100 feet down.

"W-what? Dean what's wrong?" You asked him, reaching to cup his face, but he pushed your hand away.

"I don't love you anymore." He said quietly. You mouth stayed wide open for a long time before you could figure out a way to react. You felt like vomiting, crying and screaming all at once.

"Dean-."

"Please don't say anything. You can't change my mind." He said and tears finally streamed down your cheeks. You took a step forward, looking directly in his green eyes.

"Look in my eyes, and tell me you don't love me anymore. Tell me that what we had wasn't real. Tell me you aren't breaking the promises you made to me Dean Winchester." You said, raising your voice at the last sentence.

"I never loved you." Dean said, sending you into shock. Your hand flew up to slap him right across his face. He took a deep breath, rubbing his red cheek.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." You said, feeling bad for hurting him, even though he's hurt you a thousand times harder.

"I deserve it." He said quietly. The two of you stood there in silence before he started to walk back towards the main room.

"Dean wait." You said, wiping at the overflowing tears.

"Can we go on a hunt, one- one last time?" You asked him, hoping you could change something in those few days on the case.